Ipad for Nursing School? - Page 8Register Today!
- Jul 29, '11 by GadgetRN71Quote from healthstarTechnology is only going to become more prevalent. I understand you may not like it, but it's not going anywhere. Don't become one of those technophobe nurses that always has to ask for help with the computer stuff at work- no one likes those people.Damn people are going to forget how to hand write. I have 5000 computers and I don't take one to class. I love my hand writing and I am so creative and I love highlighting. We have powerpoints for everything, there's not a lot to write. I have a few freaks in my class that type so fast and it is annoying. I only use my iPod to access apps, can't use it in clinicals bc we are not allowed ,but I look over some apps ahead of time.
- May 28, '12 by karrie79I just found out Saturday, May 26th, that I got accepted into the ADN program at my local CC. It states on the letter that an Ipad2 or Ipad3 is required and all books are to be etexts or ebooks, something like that.
- May 28, '12 by iwantmoreI agree with the technology requirement, but to limit it to an Ipad? There are lots of tablet and netbook choices that would also work for ebooks, and I'm sure many people already have one or the other.
- Jul 13, '12 by MitochondriaExactly, there are tons more choices available than the Ipad in the tablet market. But, i guess it has become the standard by which all follow or copy. Apple has always lead in innovative and intuitive gadgets which we just dream of and then poof they're the first one to come up with it but at a price also that crunches the pocket hehe. And for student nurses, every penny counts. As for the other choices, sure they'll be able to handle those etexts or ebooks equally well at more worthy prices hehe Check these top tablers from the latest CES expo Top Five Tablets of CES | PCWorld. From my experience, the they just need a bit more tweaking as compared to apple ones
- Jul 16, '12 by GitanoRNi wish they would have come out with these when i was in nursing school, it would have made it a bit easier not having to carry all of those heavy books like anatomy & physiology plus these make it more convenient to write essays etc.
- Thanks your review was helpful. I have a mac book pro but it's from 2007. It works great but I was thinking about getting an Ipad now I realalize it's a waste of money. I am good with the ipod touch and my mac. It works fine .
- Quote from gitanorni prefer a textbook rather than a digital version thoughi wish they would have come out with these when i was in nursing school, it would have made it a bit easier not having to carry all of those heavy books like anatomy & physiology plus these make it more convenient to write essays etc.
- Quote from karrie79wow. that would be hard for me. I prefer an actual textbook.I just found out Saturday, May 26th, that I got accepted into the ADN program at my local CC. It states on the letter that an Ipad2 or Ipad3 is required and all books are to be etexts or ebooks, something like that.
- Jul 20, '12 by shay&lynnI have an IPad...can't wait to take it to school this fall!
It will be much better than carrying my big ole laptop!