first job starting soon and need suggestions for a PDARegister Today!
This is a discussion on first job starting soon and need suggestions for a PDA in Mobile Apps For Nurses, part of General Nursing ... Hi there, I am starting my first RN job and am looking to invest in a pda to help me cope!! ...by cait2282 Jun 2, '10Hi there,
I am starting my first RN job and am looking to invest in a pda to help me cope!! Just looking for some insight on any nursing resource programs for pdas...I had a palm ox during nursing school and used skyscape, but seeing as tho the old palms are being phased out, was wondering if anyone could recommend another platform??? ALso, I any feedback on programs other than skyscape would be much appreciated!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=483381©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 822 Views
- Jun 3, '10 by CoffeeGeekRNI have a Motorola Droid that I can uses skyscape (Nursing Central), epocrates, and lots of other free medical apps. If you are going for an iPhone, wait until the new 4G comes out, it is supposed to be able to multi-task like the Droid does now.
- Jun 3, '10 by itsmejuliWe're not allowed to have cell phones on the floor, so that means no iPhone, no Droid and no Blackberry. I also refuse to pay the big bucks for 3G or 4G or whatever data service.
I got an iPod and loaded it with Nursing Central, Epocrates etc.
- Jun 3, '10 by traumaRUsLove my iPhone.
I'm going to move this to the Mobile computing forum - do a search and you will come up with lots of posters who have a PDA/smartphone and the pros/cons.
- Jun 3, '10 by SeebachRNI have had an iPhone, and we were told no phones on the floor. So I bought the iTouch, which is basically an iPhone without the phone. I have conversion calculators, nurses central, eprocrates, even a patient record app to keep track of my important details of patient incase you get a call and dont have access to chart, we are not on eMAR yet.
- Jun 4, '10 by HouTxFYI Y'all - Medscape now has an application for Blackberry. Quick to install and runs very well. It has drug reference, drug interactions, clinical info & access to the latest research articles. The site says they will update the drug database at least quarterly.