Can't decide which PDA to purchace!Register Today!
- by Shelby R. Apr 10, '10Ok one of the requirements for Nursing School is a PDA. I know there is a bunch of discussions about PDA's but I have a specific one. I am highly debating on either getting the DROID ERIS or the BLACKBERRY STORM 2, but I am not sure which one I should get. I want one that will be able to download Nursing Central or any other applications that will be helpful for Nursing. Excluding price, does anyone have recommendations on which one I should get? If anyone wants to recommend a different phone please be my guest, just as long as its Verizon Wireless. I just want to get the best phone there is that will help me out with the program, although I do prefer the DROID ERIS or the BLACKBERRY STORM 2, but I may be wrong, so please help me to make the right and best decision
- 2,439 Views
- Apr 11, '10 by Silverdragon102PDA or smart phone? For me Palm TX is the PDA and my Blackberry Bold is a smart phone. Need to be clear to what you are allowed
Moved to the mobile computing forum
- Apr 11, '10 by traumaRUsiPhone.
- Apr 11, '10 by PeetzPalm TX. no worries about having a phone on the floor.
- Apr 11, '10 by Shelby R.The iPhone doesn't come in Verizon right? And I am not sure exactly what type of PDA we need but all I heard is that we need a PDA that can download Nursing Apps, which is pretty much any PDA. A bunch of the Nursing Students from my school that I have talked to have the iPod Touch, but I would rather get a phone because I probably won't have any time to listen to music anymore for an iPod lol, so I think the best thing for me is to get a phone PDA that will download all the basic Nursing Apps for nursing school.
- Apr 12, '10 by traumaRUsiPhone is with AT&T. Verizon has several androids - you might want to look at them.
- Apr 25, '10 by MzKGoRNI have verizon services and I have the motorola droid, it has all the nursing apps in the android market (the same nursing apps as the iphone)
Personally I would choose the moto droid over the eris. Do not get the blackberry storm waste of money.
I love my droid using it to type this reply.
- Apr 25, '10 by CoffeeGeekRNI have the Moto Droid and I love it! Don't bother with the Eris because Verizon will be phasing it out to promote the Droid Incredible which comes out later this week.
- Apr 26, '10 by itsmejuliAs a student we weren't allowed to have cell phones, at the facility we did clinicals in cell phones weren't allowed and now where I am working cell phones are not allowed.
I got an 32 gig iPod Touch and put Nursing Central on it. I love it.
- May 17, '10 by sandnnwWait for the iPhone for Verizon if you must, coming this fall. I'll be STANDING, no...CAMPING in line to SWITCH from AT& not T. If you must, I'd go with a used iTouch, then swap when Verizon comes along. There is basically no difference between the OS of an iPhone and a iTouch, much to the delight of my two boys. Believe me, your wait will be worth it.