Can't decide which PDA to purchace! - Page 2Register Today!
- May 17, '10 by beejayceeI'd caution you about waiting for the iPhone on Verizon. Unless something has changed very recently, that is just rumored. Documents were released recently that showed AT&T had exclusive rights until 2012. IMO, if Verizon doesn't announce the iPhone's a-coming by June, don't wait on it. Any PDA you buy, make sure you give yourself enough time to get comfortable with it before you need to use it in an 'under-pressure' situation.
- May 28, '10 by jc3015For PN clinicals couple years back, I started out using an HP iPAQ 110 with Nursing Central. When I started ADN, I switched to an iPod Touch, 16MB. The HP was faster and swapped between programs quicker, but the stylus had become a hassle for me. (Yes, I COULD use my finger on the HP, too, but it just didn't work as well. My Nursing Central subscription moved over to the iPod without a hitch, and I was really satisfied. I had no problem at clinicals or at work since the iPod wasn't a phone and wasn't equipped with a camera. I just graduated ADN last week and my prospective employers haven't voiced any problems if I switched to a phone. As much as I like my Touch, I'd probably go to Verizon, a BIG carrier in my area. I'll probably wait until later this summer to see what platforms they have then. All the free apps I use on my Touch are also available on most other platforms, so I won't miss out on much if I don't get an iPhone. As much as I lust for an iPad, I haven't got a practical use (at work) for one. I need something pocket-sized. j
- May 31, '10 by theconfusedoneHmm from what everyone is saying i would double check if phones are allowed before yiu commit (unless you are already looking to upgrade to a new phone regardless). I too am on verizon and have heard some good things about the htc incredible. I am in a similar situation and this is what I am doing. I am waiting until June 7th to see if by some miracle Verizon gets the iPhone. If they don't, which seems like the case, I am going to buy an iPod touch.
- Jun 25, '10 by eerobbHello,
I would say unless you have a strong aversion to the ipod go with that. I have gone through a dell (windows mobile) PDA, a palm, a blackberry (which is impossible and a waste), and now to an ipod touch. The ipod is much prettier, and:
1. It is way lighter than most PDAs (keep in mind it will be in your scrub pockets most likely)
2. The programs format much nicer on the ipod. They are more modern looking and clean, it is easier to navigate through them (no need for a stylus) They also switch to and from landscape mode automatically.
3. The screen is very large compared to the surface area of the device (think about other PDAs) also the colors are much more clear and vivid.
3. You can use WiFi if the hospital has it
4. You can put music or other apps on it
In my experience the ipod is much better, and the 8GB will be plenty of room.