Best smart phone for NS?
- 0Nov 16, '10 by eharperIt's time for me to upgrade my phone through at&t and I wanna get a smart phone. I have been checking out the website, reading reviews and I've come down to three phones: the blackberry torch, the iphone 4, or the new windows phone 7 (LG quantum). I've had an older version of the iphone and loved it while I had it (kids broke it) so that makes me kind of partial to the iphone 4. The main thing the phone has to have is awesome apps...I love the idea having good resources right at my fingertips for studying. And the secondly I'm a texter so I like the slide out keyboards (don't mind the virtual of the iphone either though, as long as it's QWERTY).
I am just wondering who has what & why did you choose it. And what are some useful nursing apps that have helped you out. TIA!
- 1,734 Visits
- 0Nov 16, '10 by ohcomeonI have the iPhone and I love it! My service is so crappy but the coolness of the phone makes up for it. I bought the Nursing Central app for my phone and I use it daily. It contains the Davis Drug Guide, Tabers, Davis Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, Medline Journals, and Diseases and Disorders. HTH!
- 0Nov 16, '10 by That GuyRIM(Blackberry) has decent apps but their OS is sooooo incredibly lacking when you compare it to android and iPhone OS
iPhone, well you said you had it and liked it I say go for it
Android, The captivate is a solid phone. Android is a great OS with close to the same app support as apple. I have android and love it since att service sucks out here.
WinMo7 phone - since the major revamp, I havent had much of a chance to get hands on time with it and would kind of advise against it since they have just released a lot of new phones. First rule of electronics is NEVER get the first model. Let it go through a year and let them fix the issues. Plus app support is kinda lacking at this time.
- 0Nov 16, '10 by oldbeckersI love my iphone 4 and have many medical apps on it. I also have a pda I got off of ebay that came with 100's of programs. My issue right now is my clinical site has banned all electronic devices so I'm back to taking textbooks to the hospital. I've used the drug guides, nursing diagnosis and tabers dictionary the most.
- 0Nov 17, '10 by eharperhmmm...yeah I'm leaning more towards the iphone 4...I just know that I will love it having previously owned the 3g. I'm not so sure about the others and given the amount of money I'm spending I want something I'm gonna love, lol. So iphone 4 it is! Can't wait til friday to go get it!