Best Iphone Apps for new grads?Register Today!
- by phoenixrn Apr 3, '10I already have the Epocrates drug guide, and I studied for the NCLEX using an Iphone app and it was VERY helpful! Now I've got some med-surg flashcards but I'm still looking for:
- Pharmacology flash cards
- A drug guide that will cross-check meds for interactions... is it out there somewhere?
Is there an app that you find particularly useful? Or that helped you in your transition as a new nurse?
- 3,445 Views
- Apr 3, '10 by sunnycalifRNI like Davis's Drug guide better than Epocrates, but Davis's is $50, not free.
Kathy White's Fast Facts series is very useful for the new grad, IMHO, but I use the hardcopy version, not the iPhone version.
- Apr 3, '10 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Mobile computing forum
- Apr 3, '10 by Mommy&RNMedscape has an app that has a cross-checking drug reference.
- Apr 8, '10 by BKCinNOLAYour epocrates program should have the med-cross-check feature in the free version: it's the icon of two pills directly to the right of 'home' on the bottom. You add drugs to be cross checked using the + in the upper right corner
- Apr 1, '11 by JustaGypsyI think you get the best bang for your buck with skyscape bundle.
- May 20, '11 by JustaGypsyI forgot about medscape... It IS really great. Also micromedex is fabulous too, and they come out with an update in June...
- May 29, '11 by frekiMicromedex has an iphone/ipad application for drug compatibility (IV) and drug interactions. We use the desktop version of it at work. They also make a pretty decent drug guide. Medscape is great too. I'm a personal fan of ePocrates though.
- May 29, '11 by heather.fDragon Medical is pretty cool - you just speak the word/words you are looking for and it links you to: medscape, medline, IMO, google & Drugs.mobi