Apps for you IPhoneRegister Today!
- by xoemmylouox Mar 12, '12So I finally gave in and got a smart phone (Iphone 4s). I am looking for some good/helpful apps. The last list on here was in 7/11. Anything you recommend? I am still figuring this phone out. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=685024©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,309 Views
- Mar 12, '12 by Ldial1Pocket Careboard, Nursing Central and Skyscape
- Mar 14, '12 by RNCCRN9706I love Epocrates! It's free! Comes in handy! I also like RN Notes.
- Mar 15, '12 by a-moDepends on what field of nursing you are in... I really like ICU Pearls, Nursing Central, as well as Normal Lab Values. They are all free too!
- Mar 15, '12 by amartinez5082I use Medscape, QX calculate and EMSG (medical spanish) and it has audio. These were all free apps as well that make my day to day much easier
- Mar 15, '12 by alenorI use micromedex as a quick look reference for meds. I also like aacn2go. they are all free.
- Mar 16, '12 by traumaRUsJust a word about ePocrates: for drug references it is always important to use your facility-mandated drug reference.
- Mar 18, '12 by TinabeanrnThanks for the info guys. I am downing loading ICU pearls and Normal lab values now
- Mar 30, '12 by xoemmylouoxI love medscape! Easy to earn my CE when I have downtime. Also lots of medical news updates.
- Apr 12, '12 by RobublindWhen I first got out of school I download every nursing app but since I have been working these are the only ones I use.
Apps I use every day in the ED
Calculator: just the crappy one that comes with the phone works fine.
Drug guide: I use Davies from Nursing Central but when it is time to buy again I will get it from skyscape (the company that owns NC is on my stool list). Epo is fine, Micromedix is good.
Calendar: "oh crap I have to work tonight"
Apps I use once in a while
Tabers: mostly for spelling, google also works
Google translate: when I need to tell the pt to pee in the cup and I dont want to go get the blue phones.
Lab values: when the Doc orders so funky lab or I have a brain fart.
Mooncast to tell what kind of night I am going to have.
Timer: remember to get that 4hr tylenol level on that OD