App w/o internet connection?Register Today!
- by Milo27 Aug 8, '12I work in a hospital where my phone is considered out of area and if I keep using my 3G they will shut off my service. Is there an iPhone app that doesn't require Internet connection? I am a new grad so I am constantly researching.
- 1,268 Views
- Aug 10, '12 by CharmantUnMerriam Webster Medical dictionary, RN nursing essentials, lytes, etc.
What specifically do you need to look up?
Put your phone on flight mode if you're worried it will keep using up data to download email, etc.
- Aug 11, '12 by Milo27It never occurred to me to have physical paper!
Thanks for your response I'll check out those sites too. I don't want use my phone too much lest they think I'm doing something non work related.
- Aug 11, '12 by bubblejet50For meds I recommend epocrates. Its free for meds and if you pay the fee it will give you treatment courses and diagnoses. The free med info is the same as a med book and mine updates weekly so it has meds that are not in the med books due to being too old or new. An md recommended it to me and I love it
- Aug 11, '12 by GitanoRNEpocrates most definitely.
- Aug 15, '12 by BacktotheBeachBoth Skyscape and Nursing Central, the big nursing app suites with different customizable resources, do not require an internet connection to access.
- Aug 15, '12 by GitanoRNAnd Free sounds even better...Aloha~