Anyone purchase Nursing Central app for their IPhone?Register Today!
- by U2BCool Jan 17, '11I have seen the Nursing Central app from Unbound Medicine it cost $160!!!!!! Has anyone purchased this? Is it worth it? I would love to reduce the amount of books I am carrying around.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=526928©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,422 Views
- Jan 17, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the mobile computing forum
There are a few post using this application but I personally have to experience with it
- Jan 18, '11 by By_His_GraceI have an iphone. I haven't heard of this application. I need to research it. The only app that I've heard people use is Eppocrates (spelling?), and I'm not sure if that was with an iphone or not.
- Jan 18, '11 by U2BCoolThanks By His Grace!
I looked at the website on Unboundmedicine.com
It looks good, some reviews stated that it was required for some nursing school programs. I am not sure how true that is. I appreciate any feedback.
- Jan 18, '11 by Up2nogood RNI did buy it on my android phone and love it. I esp use Davis's drug guide & Taber's. I think its well worth the money when you consider what each separate book would cost.
- Jan 19, '11 by babynurse2b2010Probably the best purchase I made during school. I used it often and still do daily being a graduate nurse in pediatrics. It really does come in handy.
- Jan 28, '11 by RobublindTry micromedix for a drug guide and Medscape for everything else. Both are free. I have nursing central and I think these two apps are as good.
- Jan 30, '11 by BacktotheBeachI am a second quarter nursing student and I use Unbound Medicine constantly. It is well worth it!! Davis Drug and the Diseases and Taber's make it essential. Everyone comes to me to look stuff up, it is fast and easy and right there in your pocket!
- Feb 4, '11 by mcubed45totally worth it. if you haven't bought a regular drug book yet, save your money and buy Nursing Central isntead. Davis's drug guide alone makes it worth it. Lookin up meds takes second isntead of minutes and it fits in your pocket.
Medscape is a great free supplement but it isn't nursing specific. When you're writing careplans Nursing Central is a great help. Diseases & Disorders spells out your nursing diagnoses and plan of care for you.
- Feb 26, '11 by dtrmnd2sccdI used it every day of my ABSN program, and as a new grad RN I'm constantly looking up drugs that I'm giving ... the drug guide and Tabers are essential. Much easier to have an iPod in my pocket than to lug around a drug book or run to the nurse's station and track down Tabers...