SLU accelerated BSN tuition - Page 2Register Today!
- May 21, '09 by STL-RN StudentSt. John's offer $3000 in tuition reimbursement each year & a scholarship of $10000 that requires a 2 1/2 year work committment....
- May 21, '09 by asillig10Oh hey, thanks for your reply. I checked out their website and it looks like they only offer the tuition reimbursement if you have been an employee of St. John's for 90 days or more. But the loan repayment assistance is very helpful, as long as they will still offer it in the future. I called their human resources and left a message for someone to call me back. Thanks for the help!
- Feb 28, '12 by tsiparehthi wonderrn - i just got into the agmsn at slu. did you apply into there absn? if so, why not the agmsn? pros/cons about the absn or agmsn programs? thanks.
- Feb 29, '12 by WonderRNThere was no AGMSN program in 2008 when I did the ABSN. If there was, I just might have done it!
Just thinking about it, i would be intimidated by the idea of going from knowing next to nothing about nursing and being an advanced practice nurse in only 21 mos time. But I guess thats what a lot of PAs do!
Good luck to you.
- Feb 29, '12 by WonderRNwhoops, I just read that its not an advanced practice program. Well, I don't really know that much about it.....
but would just wonder in the end, if there would be any real difference in the amount of money you make with a Master's verses a Bachelor's degree. Even with a specialty degree, will you be hired with no experience, to be an expert in your field and lead others in this higher paying role? Is it worth the extra time in school and extra tuition spent?
after reading the brochure about it, I do see the potential there, and see that they are trying to elevate the nursing profession, guarantee quality care, etc
But real life is real life, and sometimes you just wish you didn't have all that debt, especially when you are working alongside a damn good diploma prepared RN who knows her stuff and makes just as much money as you do
Cheers!Last edit by WonderRN on Feb 29, '12 : Reason: typo
- Apr 24, '12 by emmbeeI'm super excited to learn about this program! I can't believe I didn't see it before!!!! I had applied for the accelerated bsn, but my transcripts did not get there in time. I sure hope it was for a reason and I get into the AGMSN!!!
- May 19, '12 by emmbeeMaas anyone heard yet for the next class for SLU's AGMSN? They are suppossed to be contacting us soon!