Welcome to the Missouri State Forum! - Page 6Register Today!
- Dec 17, '06 by rclimbrI also live in Kirkwood and am going back to school after 16 years. I am currently a sophomore at Chamberlain(Deaconess). My background is Army, computers, pawn shop manager.
- Dec 24, '06 by SA2BDOCTORHi. I live in Kansas City. I just moved here from Houton, TX. I am looking forward to start nursing school at Research College of Nursing in Aug. 07.
- Dec 27, '06 by britt33Hey Everyone. I doubt anyone sees this post because there seem to be more than enough people on this thread and I'm probably on page 187 or something. ANYWAY! I'm a sophomore at Missouri State University, but not for long. After wasting 2 years of money... I have decided that a 4 yr. school is just not cut out for me. I hate all this exact crap I have to take and I really just want to start focusing on what I've always wanted to do!
I've decided (almost 100%) that I'll be attending RTC/RTI in Rolla, Missouri to get my LPN and then my RN. I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to chat with some people from that area that are in nursing. My boyfriend is actually just down the road.... meaning 5 min. but I'd like to talk to people in the nursing field. What's the pay like? Do you really like it? Any NEW students this summer? I'm basically leaving all my friends behind and moving to a small town all by myself even farther from my family ( in northwest missouri) and farther from my bestfriends in SPringfield...Just saying hi...and wish me luck in getting accepted!!
- Dec 28, '06 by WDWpixieRNWelcome britt33 and good luck with all the changes going on in your life!! Sounds like you've got some exciting times coming up!!
I don't know anything about the programs/areas you've mentioned, but hopefully you'll get some feedback from others who do!!
- Dec 28, '06 by RJ---RNOriginally from Kansas City, but live at Lake of the Ozarks now.
- Dec 28, '06 by WDWpixieRNOriginally from Kansas City, but live at Lake of the Ozarks now.
- Dec 28, '06 by mizzou_ivyYou are moving to my "home" area. Although I reside in Illinois now I grew up not to far from Rolla. There is a University of Missouri school in Rolla. I graduated from Columbia. I have been in the Phelps county region and believe they receive good rankings, you are also not to far from the post or Fort Leonard Wood. You might look into that area if you are interested in diversity. Love MISSOURI!!!
- Jan 25, '07 by brgrn23Hi there to all you Missouri nurses! I just moved to Eureka, MO in May of 2006 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I love the area, but is there any happy medium of the weather here?! I worked in surgical nursing for 6 years, but I have taken some much needed time off from the profession and am working on getting my MO license soon.
Nice to meet all of you
- Jan 25, '07 by WDWpixieRNQuote from brgrn23Welcome to Missouri!! Yes, the happy medium is called fall and spring and both seasons are entirely too short!! Enjoy then while they're here!!Hi there to all you Missouri nurses! I just moved to Eureka, MO in May of 2006 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I love the area, but is there any happy medium of the weather here?!
Quote from brgrn23Ditto....make sure to check back from time to time!Nice to meet all of you