Welcome to the Missouri State Forum! - page 3
by suebird3 22,891 Views | 133 Comments
:wavey: welcome to the missouri state forum! why not 'show me' what part of the state you all are from? suebird :)... Read More
- 0Sep 18, '06 by abookerHi, I'm a Jefferson County nursing student, working on my ADN at Jefferson College, south of St. Louis. It's a bi-level program. The first year is LPN, and I'm doing a second year so I can sit for the RN exam. I just passed the NCLEX-PN. I'm working in a nursing home, part-time.
This is a second career for me; I spent about 20 years working in libraries.
- 0Sep 21, '06 by smiling nurseHI, I am from good old St. Charles County, what used to be the country when I was growing up around these parts, lived in Fla, and Georgia, McDonnell douglas brat. This is a second career for me, used to be an optician/retail manager, got burnt out, switched to nursing. So far loving it working on a tele floor and learning more every day than my old brain can upload it seems like. I know now why they say nursing is forever learning. Hope to hear more replies on this site, does anyone have info on MONA and how to contact them about their chapter meetings in st chas county?
- 0Oct 12, '06 by kmj1228Quote from ikatiana21Hi, I'm still taking the prereqs but am planning to attend Barnes for their Upper Divison BSN program. I was just wondering what you think of the ASN program and the school/hospital in general. Any feedback would be great!Im from Union, MO but Im living in STL for my ASN program at Barnes Jewish College of Nursing.
- 0Oct 16, '06 by SWRN84Yep Christine, I do know exactly where you are. I was over in Warrenton just the other day. I was doing home health visits and worked my schedule to end up there so I could make a visit to the outlet mall. Didn't find what I was looking for, but I still like going there once in awhile!
- 0Nov 9, '06 by maggijoI live in Kirkwood, MO and I'm a former teacher turned stay-at-home mom. I was on my way to nursing school when I had an unexpected high risk pregnancy and had to go on bedrest for 10 weeks. Nursing school has been put on hold, but I have all of my prereqs completed, so I would still love to go when my boys are in school. I was on my way to Barnes-Jewish for the ASN program, but I am now considering an accelerated BSN program or ASN at St. Louis Community College. I just don't know if I can do it financially and if I'll be able to juggle home life and school life. We'll see.... I hope I can go some day. In the meantime, I love reading all about the ins and outs of the profession on this website.