Salary for new nurse in St. Louis - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 12, '05 by salvati08I actually just spoke to a woman in the HR department at Missouri Baptist hospital and she said that starting june they are paying there GN's 17.00/hr with 3.00 night differential and 1.50 weekend diff. She asked me when I would be graduating and I said in a year and she said the good news is that RN salary is constantly increasing and in a year it will proboly be 18.00/hr. I know St. Louis Children's and Barnes Jewish are starting out at 16.00/hr (I go to school at Barnes Jewish College). Hope that helps!
- Jun 12, '05 by salvati08And Barnes Jewish was currently doing a $6,000 sign on bonus!
- Jun 13, '05 by PreggersRNYes, the starting pay for all BJC hospitals is now $17/hr. That includes Childrens, Barnes, MO Bap, and Christian Hospitals. The new grad pay was just increased last year as well. It was around $16.75 last summer. So it will probably go up again in a year. I also go to Barnes-Jewish College of nursing. I graduate in August and work at Childrens Hospital. At Childrens shift differential is $2 for evenings and $4 for nights during the week. But on the weekends it is $4 for evenings and $6 for nights.Last edit by PreggersRN on Jun 13, '05
- Jun 23, '05 by daisysn2001You think the pay is bad for a New Grad? Just wait until you are actually in the profession for a few years. I have Eight years of experience and am only now making $18 an hour. So if it is insulting as a new grad you can imagine how insulting it is to be told that the across the board cost of living increase is going to be 0.15 cents this year and no offense to all you new grads, which we are very glad to have, but very insulting to only be making ONE whole dollar more than you with eight years of experience. Something just isn't right there.
- Jun 23, '05 by StlcardsrockQuote from daisysn2001Daisy,very insulting to only be making ONE whole dollar more than you with eight years of experience. Something just isn't right there.
That is the reason that I moved to St. Louis to TX. When I left BJC I was making less than the figures quoted. I joined an agency working in ICU and started making $27/hr down here and eventually made more. The market in StL is saturated because of the high number of schools in the area. If salary is important, relocate. The DFW are is great, has much more to offer than StL. I am not dogging the city, for it is my hometown and it is where my family currently resides, but there are alternatives.
- Dec 17, '05 by Michelle.Don't forget the cost of living... Missouri is a very "cheap" place to live, so the pay isn't going to seem that great as compared to Cali or Texas or NY.
Just Food for thought...
- Dec 22, '05 by HeadhurtJeepers!! And I thought about moving to either STL or Springfield...but the pay stinks.
I think I will stay in KC for now...
- Dec 27, '05 by NellaThere are better paying nursing jobs in St Louis if you look outside hospitals. I heard there is a company located in St Louis doing case management/disease management that pays 25-27.00 an hour.
- Dec 30, '05 by winchaQuote from Stlcardsrockso you make around 32 an hour and have been an RN for like 9 years? Wow, I have been an RN for over 21 years and make under 30. I need to move but won't. St. Louis sucksWhen I finished at Wash U back in 97, I made 12.34 at Barnes.
It increased to 16/hr at St. John's a year and a half later.
This was all doing cardiac ICU.
I live in Texas now and make double that.
Sorry for the dated response.
- Dec 30, '05 by winchaQuote from Nellawhat company is this?There are better paying nursing jobs in St Louis if you look outside hospitals. I heard there is a company located in St Louis doing case management/disease management that pays 25-27.00 an hour.