hardest part about nursing is finding a jobRegister Today!
- by 6footerRN Jul 31, '12I recently received my degree in Nursing and graduated with Honors. I also successfully passed my NCLEX exam in Missouri. I am getting very disappointed/aggravated not being able to get a job. I have been applying to BJC for months and can't even get a call back. I called Barnes HR department and they told me that it takes awhile for the recruiters to go through all the applicants....but I have been applying there since March. I have also contacted SLU and SSM which tell me in order to be hired new nurses must go through their "versant residency program" for SLU, or the "future's program" for SSM....but both are full for the fall; they told me to check back in the spring. Student loans will be coming in soon, so unfortunately I cannot wait that long. Any advice for this frustrated nurse??
- Aug 1, '12 by nitasarnHave you tried Mercy?, keep calling the HR departments, Is home health an option until you find something?
- Aug 11, '12 by Jess_Missouri_RNAre you looking for something specific? It's hard right now in St. Louis. Have you tried St. Anthonys, Des Peres, Jefferson Regional Medical Center (which is opening an urgent care this fall) or St. Alexius? All of those hospitals hire new grads. How is your resume? Personally I thought the bigger hospitals were the worst at calling back. The smaller hospitals have better response time and I find are better to work at. I know St. Anthonys and St. Alexius have a shortage of nurses at the moment. I know St. Alexius WILL and DOES hire new grads all the time. Jefferson Regional also hires new grads although their call back time is slow at times too.
- Aug 11, '12 by Jess_Missouri_RNAlso, check craigslist. Doctors office/clinics post for nurses there and that may be an option for you. If you're not pickey the city of St. Louis jail is hiring and the pay isn't bad. Starts at $24/Hr for RN. The Veterns Home hires new grads and the starting pay is good there too.
- Sep 12, '12 by gail924If you are single, have you thought about being a travel nurse? They pay exceptionally well and its a great opportunity.