Floor Nursing at KU Med (Kansas City)Register Today!
- by kimmzors Feb 19Hi guys, I'm planning on moving to the Kansas City area soon and I'm curious as to what floor nursing (med surg, telemetry, etc.) is like at KU Med with regards to nurse-patient ratios and management support. I've heard a lot of good things about St. Lukes, so I'm wondering if KU is similar. Thanks!
- 1,245 Views
- Feb 19 by FutureCRNA?I can't exactly answer your question, but I have a friend who is a nurse aid/pct (not sure of the title they use there) and he loves it. He says it is a good atmosphere to work in and the people on his unit are like family. He highly recommends working there.
- Feb 19 by kimmzorsThanks, that helps ! Do you know if your friend is on a med surg floor or something similar?
- Feb 20 by FutureCRNA?Cardiac I believe.
- Mar 3 by dirtyhippiegirlAverage is 4 on days, up to 5 on nights. Around 7 to 9 pts per pca. All of the units are going to be remodeled but several floor/tele units haven't been yet - so working conditions can be a bit 1982ish. Noc shift diff and bennies are better than St Luke's BUT KU doesn't hire ADNs anymore if that's the boat you're in.
Also, KU is on the KS side. Most of St Luke's are on the MO side. Two different licensing processes.