Chamberlain College of Nursing St. LouisRegister Today!
- by Bashie Sep 29, '08Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site. I have looked around at the threads concerning chamberlain college of nursing and all I have found was information regarding their online ASN program.
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who attends or recently attended Chamberlain College of Nursing at St. Louis in their onsite BSN program?
I just would like any information on what they think of the school, advisors, curriculum, etc.
Thank you very much
- Oct 2, '08 by BlondiemI have heard horrible things about them. They have lost or are about to loose their accreadidation. I would look at a 2 year program at one of the STLCC campuses and then look at bridging programs. The pay differance between having you ADN and you BSN is about .50 an hour.
- Nov 25, '08 by ldybug7I am an alumni from the BSN program from Chamberlain. They have not and are not in jeopardy of losing their accreditation right now. All the programs in the area are about the same when it comes to the curriculum. The staff is friendly and willing to help. The pitfalls to the school are they are disorganized and tutition is pricey. If you have any other questions message me and I will be happy to answer them.
- Nov 25, '08 by subeeQuote from BlondiemIf the extra two years excites students to spell correctly, then the extra two years is worth it. Some folks just want to be educated - its not about the ".50 an hour." There's a lot of things you can't do without a BSN and if you want it - go for it. After 34 years in nursing, it served me well.I have heard horrible things about them. They have lost or are about to loose their accreadidation. I would look at a 2 year program at one of the STLCC campuses and then look at bridging programs. The pay differance between having you ADN and you BSN is about .50 an hour.
- Nov 26, '08 by SillynicunurseI attended their online ASN program. They did lose accreditation for that program and had to close it. I have not heard horrible things about their BSN program and it is not in danger of losing accreditation. I do encourage you to check out their pass/fail rates for the NCLEX. It can be found on the Missouri Board of Nursing website. Use that information to decide if their program is worth the money they charge. They do have some really great instructors along with those come some very poor instructors. The ancillary staff is lacking no matter what program you attended and you have to be very persistent to get things accomplished. Basically what I am saying is do your homework and make an educated decision about this school.
- Nov 26, '08 by RockyCreekOur hospital hosts clinicals for the Chamberlain students and has hired the Chamberlain graduates. I would have to say that they produce nurses that are no better and no worse than any of the other BSN programs.
- Nov 27, '08 by BashieThanks everyone for your input! I started classes 4 weeks ago and I have to say that I really like it there. The instructors are nice and so far seem to be very knowledgeable. I have heard from fellow students that the financial aid office lags, but I figure I can make sure I stay on top of it.
Subee: Yes you are right, I do want the extra education and I plan on continuing on to get my NP.
Any other advice is much appreciated...
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
- Apr 22, '09 by ktydid6245Bashie - I have been searching and researching different options to begin my career in nursing. Initially, I was going to complete my PN training so that I could work while bridging to RN status. I am re-thinking this now, due to limited (credible) PN education and cost. I was looking at Lutheran College of Nursing and just came across Chamberlin. I am very confused by their website and cannot get a return call. I'm sure you're busy with school, but would appreciate some input from you, now that you're several months in to the program, if you have time. I will gladly send my email address. If anyone else has input on the LPN/RN bridge idea, I'd apprecate it as well. Thanks in advance!