chamberlain college of nursing
- 0Aug 18, '06 by AlibabaHello, I have not seen much mention of this school on this website. Is it a good school? How is the admission process and the education in general? I am moving to STL and want to do the lpn-asn program there and I see on their website they are still accepting applications for fall semester. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Also, which other schools in and around STL should I be looking at for the LPN-ASN?
- 3,593 Visits
- 0Sep 12, '06 by BeccaznRNI am attending UMSL - it's a great school and you'll definitely get the education that you'll pay for (approx. $6500 per semester). However, I don't believe they have a LPN-RN bridge, just RN-BSN.
I attended Deaconess for one semester, back in 2003. I was not impressed. Maybe things are different now but it sure doesn't sound that way.
- 0Oct 31, '06 by BeccaznRNQuote from bittybooI know that Chamberlain really is geared toward the online portion of their programs (I'm assuming because these are the most popular). I attended one semester of the on-campus traditional BSN program, and all of my instructors were from Fontbonne with the exception of one. I had one instructor (A & P) that I was very impressed by, but all the others were average at best. However, they were all accomodating and helpful - never did I feel like they "eat their young."does anyone have any other comments on chamberlain/deaconess?
what are the instructors like? do they eat their young?
I hope this is helpful to you.
- 0Oct 31, '06 by BeccaznRNQuote from AlibabaI forgot to mention that Jefferson College in Hillsboro has a LPN-RN bridge, and I have heard nothing but good about this school and its quality of nursing education. Hillsboro is about 35 miles south of St. Louis, in Jefferson County.Also, which other schools in and around STL should I be looking at for the LPN-ASN?
- 0Dec 5, '06 by WDWpixieRNYou might also check with the folks at the St. Louis Community Colleges...I believe a gal I spoke to early in the semester was a 3rd semester transfer in to our RN program from Jefferson College's LPN program....this link may help you find more information and should also give you contact information for each of the campuses -- there are 3 -- Forest Park, Florissant Valley, Meramec:
Nursing Program at St Louis Community College