Northwest in Senatobia - Page 12Register Today!
- Jan 13, '07 by nurse4theplanetQuote from RNStudent&Momof2Start with Epocrates. You can get a free download from epocrates.com i believe. I ordered the nursing central pack from www.lww.com when I got my PDA and it has been wonderful. You can get more ideas from the PDA nursing forum.I got a PDA for Christmas! What software would you recommed buying-or should I just wait until I start school?
- Jan 15, '07 by RNStudent&Momof2Kim-
Thanks for the tips!! I was looking at two different stethescopes--would either work?
Should I go ahead and buy them or just wait until class starts? I also noticed in our syllabus that it said we need bandage scissors, a pen light, watch, etc...should I buy those now or wait?
Also, where do you go to print off the lecture guides? Do they let you tape the lectures if you have a voice recorder? I got one for Christmas--I have an hour long drive to school and thought it would be great to listen to lectures while driving--get in a little extra study time!
I am so excited about starting!!! I have been counting down the days!! Thank you for all your help!! Good luck this semester!!
- Jan 15, '07 by rebeccajaco2004I have bought almost everything I need. I still need to get my stethescope and uniforms. I bought a pen light at wal-mart and got two pair of bandage scissors off of Ebay for a couple of dollars. I got my shoes at The Rack Room. I got my physical and drug test at The Batesville Clinic. It was $50 for the physical and $35 for the drug test. I am going next week for my shots at the Health Dept. They are $10 a piece and also I am getting my TB test there for $10. I think I am gonna get a cheap stethescope off of Ebay to begin with and then later on upgrade to a Littman.
- Jan 15, '07 by RNStudent&Momof2Sounds good--that link for the littman light is only $35--not bad for a littman. That web site has really good prices.
- Jan 16, '07 by wgirl08Littman's are the best....i absolutely LOVE mine because when you're on your feet for 8-12 hrs like you are in clinicals (well i don't know what your clinicals are like) but you need something really light because you can honestly feel each extra pounds and littman's are really light and that's a really good price because i bought one of the upper priced littman's and i paid 90 bucks
- Jan 18, '07 by rebeccajaco2004It was the first day of school today. It wasn't bad. I was expecting worse.
- Jan 27, '07 by rebeccajaco2004I can't get on blackboard today. Anyone having problems?
- Jan 27, '07 by RNStudent&Momof2Blackboard was down yesterday and today. Hope they fix it soon!
Have you looked at the medical terminology for quiz 1? How are you studying for it?
- Jan 27, '07 by rebeccajaco2004I just wrote down the differant roots and stuff and I am studying those. I have had Med term before but it is hard to study when you don't know how the tests are set up.
- Feb 6, '07 by rebeccajaco2004Good Luck on the test tommorrow!!!