Holmes or MDCC Acceptance Letters 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- May 8, '12 by aweeks78I am hoping they come in by the end of the week. This has been the longest wait. I applied in January for one scoop and February for the other. Been waiting on May since then. Now, i am stalking the mailbox everyday.
- May 8, '12 by CareerChangeNeededI know what you mean. I felt the very same way last year. I worried if I'd get an acceptance to Holmes before I had to commit to Hinds. Luckily, my letter came in the day before I had to commit to Hinds. Holmes was just a closer location for me.
The other day I asked our secretary at Holmes in Ridgeland and she did say that she was telling everyone to expect their letters the latter part of May but hoping they'd go out the middle part of May. The letters come from Grenada and I believe only one secretary is in charge of that. I will say this in their defense....last year there were 787 applicants. They all have to be weighed with a points system before acceptance/rejection letters can go out. Several factors go into the quantity of points: ACT, GPA, ACT reading and math scores, living within or out of a district, etc.
- May 16, '12 by MytooboyzI received my letter from MDCC on May 8th. Hope this helps. :spin:
- May 16, '12 by LillieannI received my acceptance email from Holmes last week. Has anyone else received anything?
- May 22, '12 by lmichelle17I'm still waiting!!! Losing my mind.. Do you mind me asking what your ACT scores and overall were.. Trying to determine my chances.. I feel like my scores are too low though..
Has anyone else recieved acceptance or rejections letters??
- May 30, '12 by MytooboyzTo which school (program) did you apply? I made a 20 on ACT and had a 3.76 GPA for my prerequisites.
- May 30, '12 by Lillieannlmichelle17, I made a 21 overall on my ACT.
- Jun 2, '12 by amandagayleI just graduated from Holmes in Ridgeland. The denial letters go out first, so no news is good news. I got my letter saying I got in about 5 days after my friend got hers saying she did not get in. Hope that helps. Best of luck!
- Jun 9, '12 by LillieannQuote from CareerChangeNeededThat would be wonderful to meet with the second year students for direction and information. I am sure that would help ease some of our fears of the unknown. Thank you.I have heard that students are already coming in at the Ridgeland campus with their acceptance letters. I hope y'all hear something soon.
For those that will be starting in the Fall at Ridgeland, the second year students are hoping to get together with y'all sometime this summer for a meet and greet and hoping to give you some direction. We were lost last year and wished we had had someone to tell us what to expect. So, if you're interested, let us know. We'd be glad to help. We were once in your shoes.
- Feb 2 by mstmjHello,For those of you that got into Holmes, do you mind me asking what you overall GPA was? Prerequisite GPA? ACT? Does having a degree help? Living within the district? What is this point system? Thank you!