Are there any Excelsior nurses in Mississippi
- 0Jun 5, '08 by dkhrbhI am thinkning about going through EC for my RN degree. Has anyone from Mississippi gone through EC? Was it hard to get endorsed through MS?
- 8,904 Visits
- 1Jun 6, '08 by lovenursebeinghello, i am a recent grad from excelsior college, i started at hinds in jackson, finished with excelsior and didn't have any problems with license, sitting for boards or finding a job, work at umc in cardiology, you can pm me for more info, leave a number or email and i'll be glad to talk with you.
- 1Jul 3, '08 by greg758There are many Excelsior students and graduates in MS and around the country. They actually graduate the largest number of RN's in the country each year. You study at your own pace around your schedule, so it's easy to work and do this program.
Excelsior is fully accredited by the MS state board of nursing and the NLNAC so you are eligable to sit for the state boards upon graduation.
You can go directly through Excelsior College or go through The College Network. I have found that using The College Network is more convenient and saves study time since you don't have to purchase a ton of textbooks. The College Network hires professors to combine all of the textbooks for each course into one book. Believe me, it's a life saver.
Either way you will get your degree from Excelsior College.
I just googled The College Network and called their toll free number and set an appointment for someone to meet with me and explain the program. He was very nice with no pressure. He just explained the program,answered my concerns and showed me different options to pay for it by fitting it into my budget of time.
Just stay consistent in studying and call their Academic Advisors when you have a question. They are wonderful.
You'll do great. Good Luck. Hope I helped.
- 0Jul 9, '08 by greg758Once you finish your ADN program you are eligable to sit for the NCLEX.
EC is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and accredited by the NLNAC - The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. Most importantly, EC is recognized by the MS state board of nursing.
- 0Aug 28, '08 by CarafaithI wanted to talk a bit more to nurselovebeing or Greg please about the EC program. I am wanting to do the Lpn to Rn transition to. Where will I have to do my clinicals for this since I am in MS? if you can get back to me. Is it very expensive to go through them?:wink2:Last edit by sirI on Jan 15, '10 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST Y0UR EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE PUBLIC BOARDS!
- 0Feb 19, '09 by exnavygirl-RNI realize this thread is several months old. I would very much like to talk to you (lovenursebeing)or anyone else about working at UMC in Jackson MS.
Quote from lovenursebeinghello, i am a recent grad from excelsior college, i started at hinds in jackson, finished with excelsior and didn't have any problems with license, sitting for boards or finding a job, work at umc in cardiology, you can pm me for more info, leave a number or email and i'll be glad to talk with you.