layoffs at umcRegister Today!
- by RN1980 Feb 8, '12what do yall think of the recent blood lettings at umc? a pal of mine was let go from surgical dept basically was told he had too much time under his belt and was making on the higher end of the rn payscale. basically to old, to educated and paid to well. all you young nurses thinking about getting on there need to remmember this.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=671895©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,186 Views
- Feb 14, '12 by lovelyb26oh my, this scares me. especially since i'm about to get my adn first.
- May 17, '12 by HealthyFutureI used to work there myself. It was crazy how bad things got. They were laying people off left to right. Floors were understaffed and the work got scary. PPL were calling in a lot, using sick leave, and late all the time. Which made it easier for HR to fire some people. I left on my own because I wanted to go back to school. All Lpns were laid off. Some Rns. Mostly people who didn't have their bachelors degree because the job had been asking for years for nurses to get their bachelors and offering to help pay for it. But the good thing about most hospital jobs is that where one hospital couldn't appreciate you, you could practice some where else possibly for a better pay with the right amount of years under your belt.
- May 31, '12 by amandagaylewhy do they layoff and steadily hire more people?
- Aug 15, '12 by geminiLPN-2bRNAll LPNs at UMC were not laid I worked on a Med/surg unit and there were about 5 more of us up there. I left for other reason and not because of the staffing because it wasnt bad on my floor. My fellow LPNs are still there. If they were hiring LPNs at all I would probably go back PRN because I really loved working there.