Keesler AFB RN jobsRegister Today!
- by mrmike Jan 3, '08Does anyone have any information about RN jobs on KAFB? I heard they were hiring.
- Jan 3, '08 by wtbcrnaQuote from mrmikeThis is what I found in the Biloxi newspapers classifieds. It was posted 12/28/07. It is for Med-Surg. When I left there in May 07, Med-Surg was a relatively fairly easy place for an experienced RN to work. The patient load was usually around 4-5 patients (low--low moderate acutity) and 1 med tech per nurse or 1 per every two nurses.Does anyone have any information about RN jobs on KAFB? I heard they were hiring.
Good Luck Hope this Helps,
- Jan 7, '08 by mrmikeI saw you are a USAF nurse, do you work @KAFB? I work in level 1 Trauma Center and am interested in KAFB icu job info.
- Jan 7, '08 by wtbcrnaQuote from mrmikeI transfered from Keesler ICU last May. I am in Maryland now going to school on the USAFs dime.I saw you are a USAF nurse, do you work @KAFB? I work in level 1 Trauma Center and am interested in KAFB icu job info.
I noticed your speciality was ICU after I posted my comment, but a lot of times it is the same contract agency doing the hiring for the inpatient units.
The best advice I can give is try to give the contract agency a call and/or the ICU at Keesler (ask for the nurse manger or Flight commander.....The nurse manager is Capt Williamson. I am drawing a blank on the Flight CCs name at the moment).
Keesler will be a BIG change from Level 1 trauma center ICU!!!! Last I heard they are still fairly slow there, and the open heart program is still not back up, yet.
- Jan 8, '08 by mrmikeThanks alot for the info
- Feb 25, '08 by jimwilson81Major (s) John Williamson is the CCU Nurse Manager at Keesler, but Major Sharon Walker is the Flight Commander of the CCU Unit. Right now it is still not recovered from Katrina and is only using 6 beds. If you have ever been to Keesler Medical Center, it has changed a lot because of the construction., but it still is a nice place to work.
- Feb 25, '08 by jimwilson81Does anybody know when Keesler AFB Medical Center will be hiring LPN's. I am already working at Keesler in an administrative capacity, but would like to get back to do some real nursing.