- 0Aug 17, '03 by brian AdminHi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- 7,281 Visits
- 0Aug 18, '03 by mannaThanks so much for starting the state forums - neat idea!
I'm Manna - 26yo mama of two boys (5 yrs & 18 mos). I work full-time days as an engineering clerk for a heavy equipment manufacturer, and am working on my BSN pre-reqs at night. I'm hoping to enter the nursing portion (junior year) of a local BSN program in fall of 2004.
- 0Aug 18, '03 by bob007catHi,
My name is Chris. I am from Tupelo MS. I'm 32 years old and I have decided to change jobs due to the unstable economy . I have a degree in industrial engineering. I have worked for 2 plants that shut down with basicaly no notice at all. (That really blows) I wanted to feel like I was making a differance. Good luck to everyone
- 0Aug 19, '03 by DisablednurseI am from *** and have been a nurse for 26 years and absolutely loved nursing. Unfortunately, two years ago I had to retire due to health problems. I really loved nursing and the joy I got from meeting and helping others. I wish both of you luck in your new journey into nursing as it will be a really rich one.
My hometown is so small that everyone knows everyone else's business.Last edit by Disablednurse on Aug 19, '03
- 0Aug 19, '03 by shelleybelleI'm Shelley I just graduated from school on July 22nd. I take NCLEX TOMORROW!!! I'm looking forward to passing (on the first try!) and going to work and once again being a productive member of society! This is a big week.... on top of several other things going on - I'm getting married this wknd!
P.S. I'm from Lucedale - a small town located in between Hattiesburg & Mobile, AL. I'm closer to Mobile than Biloxi, H'burg or any of the other bigger citiesLast edit by shelleybelle on Aug 19, '03
- 0Aug 19, '03 by ST_NURSE_MLDHello All!! My name is Melissa. I'm 37 years old, happily married with a daughter in her senior year of high school. I too have made a career change. Nursing is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. As my daughter is growing older, I have continually worked toward my ADN. Currently, I'm a level 2 nursing student at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. With plans to enter USM's BSN program as soon as I meet the requirements. Class starts on Monday at MGCCC and clinical assignments will soon follow. Our clinicals are done at local area hospitals (i.e. Singing River or Gulf Park).
I reconize most of your user names from the student nurses forum. Good Luck to all and keep in touch. Shellybelly.. let us know how you did on the NCLEX. I'd like to hear all about your experience.
- 0Aug 19, '03 by mannaI guess I should have mentioned that I'm from the east central part of the state, just south of Starkville/MSU.
Originally posted by bob007cat
My name is Chris. I am from Tupelo MS. I'm 32 years old and I have decided to change jobs due to the unstable economy . I have a degree in industrial engineering.
My hometown is so small that everyone knows everyone else's business.
There are alot of southern towns like that! I know mine is... it's nice raising kids in such a small town, but the gossip/lack of privacy is terrible!
This is a big week.... on top of several other things going on - I'm getting married this wknd!
Congratulations! How terribly exciting!
How'd the NCLEX go?
Currently, I'm a level 2 nursing student at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
With plans to enter USM's BSN program as soon as I meet the requirements.
Level 2 - is that the same thing as sophomore level? This is your last year towards your ADN?
- 0Aug 24, '03 by ST_NURSE_MLDSorry it has taken so long to reply back to the BB.
Well.... I guess you would say that I have 3 more semesters left. Last year and 1/2. However, I do plan on going through next summer. At the end of next year, I'll have an associates of Arts and 2 associates of applied science. Then, it's on the USM for a year of every other weekends to get my BSN.
Classes start Tomorrow!!
- 0Aug 29, '03 by lissagirlHi,
Dont know when you guys started this thread, I have been away from the boards for a bit. I live in the Jackson area and have been working towards becoming a nurse for a while now and I just got waitlisted for the Hinds RN program so I just started a CNA program to kill time and learn something I dont already know as I have taken all my pre reqs. Just trying to stay in the loop somehow. Good luck to all that have posted and Congo-rats to the bride!
My name is Melissa too by the way... grins