Can anyone tell me about DELTA REGIONAL MED CTR?Register Today!
- by troyb Jul 24, '06I was considering delta regional med center after school. Can anyone tell me if this is good place to work and learn in the ICU after graduation? How is the area, is it a good place to live? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
- Jul 24, '06 by MaryCWHowdy! I worked in the ER there for about 4 years. I loved the experience I gained from working there. It is a progressive facility, for it's size. As far as the town goes, there is a lot of crime and most people probably live at or below the poverty level. I didn't have children at the time, so I'm not sure about the school systems. Good luck!
- Jul 24, '06 by emsjunkie2001Hello, I am from Greenville and I have moved to the Gulf Coast and there is no way I would live there again. The hospital is ok but the town is really below the poverty level. The only good schools are the private schools or Riverside school disrtict. There is a lot of crime just like most places that are below poverty level. I have a friend who works in the ER at DRMC and she could tell you more about it. If you want me to ask her anything special about DRMC I will ask her for you.
- Jul 24, '06 by troybAre there any better areas to live that are outside of greenville say within 30 minutes or so? Plus would I get good experience working in their ICU? I would like to further my education after working for 2 years or so. Oh yeah thanks for the other replies.
- Jul 26, '06 by emsjunkie2001Are there any better areas to live that are outside of greenville say within 30 minutes or so? Plus would I get good experience working in their ICU? I would like to further my education after working for 2 years or so. Oh yeah thanks for the other replies.
Have you ever lived in the Delta at all? There is small towns in every direction from Greenville. If you have to stay in Greenville make sure you stay out pass the little mall that is there. The other side of town is the rough side that is not very safe. My friend said you would do well in the ICU there, just the ER has messy people that work there. Like most jobs do. You will do fine there.GOOD LUCK..