Anyone Attending Holmes Evening Classes??? - page 2
by jg24 3,652 Views | 18 Comments
I want to apply in Sept. for the evening/weekend nursing program at Holmes and was wondering if anyone is already attending this program that could answer some questions for me?... Read More
- 0This changes every semester. I think it depends the hospitals schedules because other schools use some of these same hospitals and you don't want all schools there at the same time. Night classes last semester were divided into 3 groups and went to Houston, Greenwood or Winona. I don't think the day classes went to these hospitals. I went to Houston and I know from talking to them that we were there on the wkends but another school was there during the week, so you can see where that plays a role as far as not wanting schools to overlap. This semester we are going to Grenada, Greenwood and Starkville. So it just depends on what the hospitals in these towns already have scheduled. You will never know until the beginning of the semester when they assign you to a hospital.
- 0Sep 15, '09 by jg24Thanks so much for your reply. I know I am jumping the gun a little because I don't know if I am in or not yet, but I just want to be prepared in case I am. I hope I get an acceptance letter. It seems like it took forever for Sept 1 to get here so I could apply and now it will take forever to find out if I am accepted. I have decided that if I don't get accepted this time I will apply for the fall. I really need to work while I finish school, but this is so important to me that I think I am going to apply every time until I get in. You are so lucky you got in and are on your 2nd semester. Do you really love it? Is it as great as you thought it was going to be or is it harder than you thought? Good luck to you.
- 0Even if you don't get in this time, don't give up. Just keep trying if it is what you really want to do and you will eventually make it. Yes I really do love it but I will say that it is not exactly what I expected. I knew from hearing others talk that it was no walk in the park, but I didn't realize just how hard it was until I got in the middle of it. I just have my mind made up that I am not going to fail at this, so it gives me the extra push when I feel like I can't go on. And believe me there are times when you wonder if you made the right decision and you might even want to quit, but just keep your eye on the end result and you will be fine.
- 0Sep 16, '09 by naenae1979Hey! I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I called the school today and they said I won't be eligible for the Jan. Class b/c I am "in the process" of taking my AP 2 and they have to have a completed transcript so... Here I am "stuck" once again having to wait until August! I just feel like just when I think things are going good... Wham! A big ole brick wall! I am trying to stay positive, however, don't know how much longer it will last!!!
- 0Sep 17, '09 by dynatIt's not really that the material is hard....it's just like any other material, you have to read till you get a good understanding of what it all means. It's more the tests that are hard because they are critical thinking tests, and if you've never had those kinds of tests, it takes some getting used to. From what I hear, third semester is suppose to be the hardest because you have the nursing class plus pharmacology class.