Anyone applied to University of Mississippi Medical Center's Accelerated Program?Register Today!
- by FA2NS Feb 19, '09I applied. The deadline was in January. They told us we would hear something in March. There are some preadmission counseling interviews we are supposed to go to. Does anyone know when these interviews will take place or what to expect? Would we go on the counseling interviews before finding out about admittance?
- Feb 19, '09 by UMCSN4You will know you are admitted before the interview. It is just a formality...unless you make the WORST impression ever, you are in. Good luck!
- Feb 19, '09 by FA2NSThanks so much! I can breathe now!! I was so nervous. That info. helps tremendously! Have a great day!
- Feb 20, '09 by FA2NSI know I sound neurotic but...do they call you for the interviews? Do you receive a letter of acceptance/rejection and then get a call if you were accepted for counseling? I am asking this b/c a friend called the registrar and she told her they would call us this week to set up pre admission counseling interviews. I did not get a call and am worried. UGH!!! Sorry to be bugging. Are you in the program now? I take it you are huh?
- Feb 21, '09 by UMCSN4That doesn't sound right. I was an alternate so I can't say for sure, but I think you will get a letter in March. It could be earlier for your class, because ours complained about missing out on some financial aid due to we not being notified in time. Plus, I want to say the director mentioned that they had already made their decisions. The letter should indicate when the interviews will take place. The counseling/interview is set for like April 21st (or around that day, can't remember off hand, but we have been asked to come by and talk to the new class). I think you would have to be the biggest jerk or just be clueless to not make it in if you are invited to the interview! But I wouldn't be too worried about not getting the phone call...
- Feb 21, '09 by FA2NSAH HA!!! I know someone else in the program and she told me the same exact thing about ya'll talking to us. Thanks so much! I feel much beter!
- Feb 24, '09 by FA2NSUMCSN4,
I was chosen as an alternate. I know you were as well. What does this mean???? What are the odds? I am pretty upset! I really wanted to know I was in...