Any new grads having a hard time finding a job??Register Today!
- by CocoChanel Mar 15, '09Just curious. Any new grad RNs having a hard time finding a job? I graduated in Dec. and CAN'T find a job to save my life. I've applied for numerous jobs at all the hospitals and various clinics on the coast and STILL haven't gotten anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Any advice/suggestions? I'm willing to commute to get experience...
- Mar 16, '09 by SummerLinyou cant get on at memorial? i find that so odd bc they are begging for people in some departments.. we just hired 3 new grads on 4ab and they are constantly hiring.
- Mar 16, '09 by CocoChanelNo, I haven't been able to get on at Memorial. I've applied for several jobs there and did follow ups only to be told the positions had already been filled. I even signed up for the upcoming RN internship, but with so many people graduating in May, I don 't know what my chances are (I signed up 2 days after they started accepting apps and over 100 people had already signed up). Several of my classmates are having the same problem, so I don't know. I'm still looking and applying hoping something will come up soon.
- Mar 16, '09 by SummerLingosh i wish there was something i could do to help.. im sorry its so hard for you.. i guess its just a bad time for a lot of people. the VA is a great place to work also, but they are on a hiring freeze at the moment. best of luck to you, i hope you find something soon.
- Apr 30, '09 by ET04Heck yea!!! I applied to almost all the hospitals as the medical center. Plus 4 hospitals further out. I also submitted my resume online to monsterjobs.com and other such sites. So far I've only gotten one phone call to be interviewd. But that went in a dead end. I also graduated on Dec 2008. It's frusrating that I don't have a job since then.
- Apr 30, '09 by CocoChanelQuote from ET04Heck yea!!! I applied to almost all the hospitals as the medical center. Plus 4 hospitals further out. I also submitted my resume online to monsterjobs.com and other such sites. So far I've only gotten one phone call to be interviewd. But that went in a dead end. I also graduated on Dec 2008. It's frusrating that I don't have a job since then.
Glad to see that I am not alone! I just got my REJECTION letter from the RN internship last week, so I'm back on the grind again. I swear with all these applications I've put in someone should recognize my name by now. Good luck with your search! By the way, what area do you live in?
- Apr 30, '09 by ET04I live in Houston TX. All my plans are basically on hold because of this hiring freeze. I was hoping to get into an ICU position at the hospital. Work for 2 years and then enter Grad school for nurse anesthetist. Then start working as a nurse anesthetist after 2 years of grad school. But now I'm just scavenging for any job I can land, even if its not ICU setting or hospital setting.
- May 2, '09 by CocoChanelCan definitely relate. I just found out from a former classmate that one of our old instructors told her that none of the local hospitals will be hiring new grads for the next 6 months! Wow, I don't know exactly how true that is, but this particular instructor is pretty chummy with the nurse recruiters here. It looks like I'm really going to have to start looking out of state and commute, because I can't afford to move.
- May 3, '09 by dRN1what state do u live in?
- May 3, '09 by Leeroy JenkinsWell.. I hope Mississippi.. since that is what board we are on.