Question about Minnesota schoolsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Question about Minnesota schools in Minnesota State Nursing Programs, part of Minnesota Nursing ... Did people usually apply to several nursing programs or one school? Do other schools care if you...by coffeedream Sep 8, '08Did people usually apply to several nursing programs or one school? Do other schools care if you apply to several? I am taking pre-nursing classes as MCTC, but since it may be hard to get in the program I may apply to other schools.
Also, if anyone did the MCTC nursing pathway program, what did you think of it?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=332199©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,135 Views
- Sep 9, '08 by bikelolaHello!
I would definitely apply to as many as you can...and as many as you can keep track of! I applied to two programs at St. Kate's and to MCTC. I considered applying to other community colleges, as well as programs outside of the metro, but decided to leave that as a last resort. Programs have gotten so incredibly competitive; I imagine that your chances of getting accepted will be greater if you apply to as many schools as possible.
Hope that helps!
- Sep 9, '08 by tdrynelleI only applied to one (which was a post-bac BSN program), because it was the only one I really wanted (luckily, I got in). I had a friend who applied to both the post-bac BSN program (which she really wanted) and an ADN program (as a backup, just in case). Luckily, she got accepted by both.
I think the general thought is apply to all you qualify for. When you get the acceptance letter from the school, they usually give you a week or two to accept or decline their offer so at that point you can pick which one you want the most.
- Sep 9, '08 by bikelolaOut of curiosity, what post-bac BSN did you get accepted into? What do you think so far?
- Sep 10, '08 by tdrynelleI'm in Metro State's post-bac BSN program. However, we're the last class for this program. Sadly, they are converting it to an MSN program.
- Sep 10, '08 by coffeedreamThanks everyone. I will apply to many when the time is right.
- Sep 10, '08 by tdrynelleBest of luck!
- Sep 11, '08 by casiI applied to the U of MN and Century College. Thankfully I got into one. If I hadn't gotten into one my plans were to take another year worth of pre-reqs and apply to even more programs.
- Sep 11, '08 by Cari001Quote from casiI applied to the U of MN and Century College. Thankfully I got into one. If I hadn't gotten into one my plans were to take another year worth of pre-reqs and apply to even more programs.
Hi Casi!: Do you happen to know how competative Century College is and if they have a long waiting list? Thanks a lot for any information.
- Sep 13, '08 by casiI believe that Century was about 500 applicants for 110 seats. I don't believe that there is a waiting list, you just apply every year and hope to get in. They rank you in some sort of order and as people don't accept their seats they go up the list.