Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 11 by ChrisMarie09Most of us probably have really good GPAs by college standards, but the competitiveness of getting into nursing school probably ruined all of our views about what is a good and bad GPA.
- Jan 11 by MEHengI panicked about my GPA too. It's definitely better than my college GPA, but I don't think its good enough for this internship =/. I read some of the posts from "Mayo Clinic 2012" and 2011 and some people who got accepted posted what their GPAs are and they're pretttty high. However someone who didn't get in also had the same high GPA as well as had a pretty unique background..so I'm really hoping for the best and that I'm lucky enough to get it..haha =/. Definitely good luck to everyone!
- Jan 12 by zeeconnJust submitted by application! SO ANXIOUS TO HEAR BACK! This sounds like a learning experience of a lifetime!
Does anyone know how soon they will get back to us about acceptance?
What areas did everyone request? I am so excited that they have pediatric and NICU options! But honestly, I will take anything to be in the program!
Wishing everyone good luck
- Jan 12 by MissRN2013Does anyone know how many students they are accepting and how many have applied?
- Jan 12 by ChrisMarie09I just checked last year's thread; they had over 800 apps and 109.
Anyone else just want the next few weeks to fly by so we know if we're accepted or not? I'm keeping myself busy with work, getting ready for the semester, and more externship applications. I'm applying to 6-8 and 4 of those are due within a month.Last edit by ChrisMarie09 on Jan 12
- Jan 12 by MissRN2013Oh wow! It's pretty competitive!! I'm keeping busy with school!! Where else are you applying to for internships? In my state there's only one opportunity for an internship!! lol
- Jan 13 by ChrisMarie09I'm applying for two in Iowa, one in Missouri, one in Texas. Those are the 4 that are due soon (as in before we'd hear back from Mayo). I feel like the only clinical instructor I've had so far is going to hate me for all the reference requests I'll be sending her within the next week.
- Jan 13 by liv2serveGoodluck to everyone who is waiting anxiously and to everyone who is submitting their applications today! Cannot wait to hear from Mayo!!
- Jan 13 by UMnurse310Yeah - I had e-mailed LaTasha at Mayo and she didn't tell me how many apps they usually expect, but she said they will accept a little over 100, which is still a LOT in my opinion, but such a big pool of applicants to choose from! I know last year they found out like January 28th! So hopefully that will be true for us as well. But I know the website said for sure by the end of February, so we could be waiting awhile to hear back.
I'm also applying to other externships, in Michigan and out of state (like Mayo) as well. Good luck to everyone finishing up applications this month and anxiously awaiting (fingers crossed!) acceptance letters!!
- Jan 16 by Jani28Well it looks like yesterday was the last day for applications!! Time is getting closer to see if we were accepted!!