Where to look for a job?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Where to look for a job? in Minnesota Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi everyone! I am graduating in August with my BSN and am at a loss as to where to find jobs. ...by jujuwah Jul 27, '11Hi everyone! I am graduating in August with my BSN and am at a loss as to where to find jobs. I've posted on Monster and plan on applying at the local hospitals but otherwise I know of nowhere else? I will work in any setting (clinic, hospital, home) I just need a job that will give me experience in labor and delivery so that I can go on to get my DNP at the U of M. I've tried Craigslist but all that seems to be is a bunch of scams. I'm actually willing to take any job in Labor and Delivery, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Postpartum, etc...I just don't know where to start looking. Help!
Thanks in advance
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=596721©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,012 Views
- Jul 28, '11 by mom2ckaSt Cloud had a couple of openings... centracare.com
- Jul 30, '11 by bigtownRNOff the top of my head.....Fairview, St. Cloud, Allina, Healtheast, Regions, HCMC, Children's, VA, Women's Clinics, Home Care, (alot of home care companies don't advertise so you should just call or send a resume)
- Jul 30, '11 by jujuwahThanks for the replies. So what I'm hearing is that I have to go to the individual place of employment and apply? There is no database or place/agency I can go to that will alert me to job openings. Like I said before, I originally thought about Craigslist but don't see much of anything but scams. Anyone else have anything to say about Craigslist. Are jobs still listed in the Star Tribune/Pioneer Press? Is Monster worth it? Basically I'm looking for a reliable "one stop shop" (if they exist at all).
- Jul 30, '11 by bigtownRNI have never heard of a central place for applying to jobs around here. From what I can tell, hospitals recruit through their own websites primarily. I use Craigslist for buying and selling, but I don't think I'd trust it for jobs, or for putting my personal information on there for employers (or scammers) to see. You have a leg up having your BSN, I have a BA but in Education and a ADN. Most job listings say they prefer a BSN.
- Aug 1, '11 by centralmnmomI also would say centracare.com has some openings. They are a magnet facility and heavily client focused. You want to get it all in online and then contact Brandon in their HR. Central Mn offers plenty to do away from the cities, close to northern lakes, good shopping, great schools and nice communities. I would not use Craigs list for search, but indeed, careerbuilder or check Mollen clinics. They are paying $29 to give flu shots around mn. Monticello recently had LD opening also. Network with other ob nurses by joining your specialty organization, get to a meeting and meet some people. Business cards are good at those as well.
- Aug 4, '11 by mom2ckaI see the most openings on hospital sites themselves - they're more current than those on Indeed - http://www.mnhospitals.org/ also has listings that are current