Rasmussen CollegeRegister Today!
- by SPN-RC May 13, '09I will be attending Rasmussen College this summer for their Practical Nurse program. Has anyone taken the PN program here? is it good? any advices?
- May 30, '09 by Bella7Hi, I have no info on Rasmussen. But, I was looking into starting the nursing program there as well, but I heard they had a test to get in? If you don't mind, could you tell me a little about their enrollment process and how difficult the test was? Thanks
- May 30, '09 by SPN-RCQuote from Bella7First they have you take a test call STEP. This test can be taken on campus or at home. After this test, you will have to sign up for their Evolve assessment. You have to pay $65 for the study guide which covers: reading, writing, vocab, a & p, chem, bio, physics, and comprehension. $65 covers the study guide and your assessment. If you do not pass your assessment the first time, you will be given a chance to retake the assessment for an additional $25. My counselor told me that most of the students that wants to take the PN program, but fails the assessment can take the Medical Assistant program and transfer half way through. After the assessment, you will then have an interview with the person who is in charge of that program. From there, you will have to wait and see if you get accepted or not.Hi, I have no info on Rasmussen. But, I was looking into starting the nursing program there as well, but I heard they had a test to get in? If you don't mind, could you tell me a little about their enrollment process and how difficult the test was? Thanks
- May 30, '09 by Bella7Thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I think I will look into getting started at Rasmussen. Thanks again
- Feb 3, '10 by ahk1986The cost for the nursing program was over $30,000, I have a frend that went there and was not happy with the nursing program, he said they taught themselves. Go to LPN school first, it is easier to bridge over, remember if you bridge make sure you go to an approved LPN-RN bridge program. Rasmussen does not have a bridge, but will tell you that they can accept your LPN credits, they can't.
- Feb 24, '10 by bueri went to rasmussen a couple of years ago. i didn’t go for pn; however, i would not recommend them at all. i felt the teachers were not very prepared and or knowledgeable. the cost is very high for the education you receive. my advice is to talk to more people who have been there. i currently go to sctcc in st. cloud in the lpn program. they will be starting the first rn program this fall. i highly recommend sctcc. wonderful teachers and i feel very confident in my nursing abilities.