Howdy from a TexanRegister Today!
- by mommyRN09 Aug 28, '10Hello all you MN nurses! I'm a native Texan whose hubby may be taking a job transfer which requires moving to the Minneapolis area. I've lived in Dallas my entire life, and know absolutely nothing about this area; any general tips appreciated! I've been working on a women and children's unit, which includes some L&D and nursery. I'll probably be looking for an L&D job and will have about a year's experience once we get up there. Can you tell me about some of the hospitals around the area, especially any knowledge you may have of the different L&D departments? Thanks y'all!
- Aug 30, '10 by debi49http://www.uofmmedicalcenter.org/
I worked at Fairview Riverside in Mother/baby before it merged with U of M. That was over 10 years ago, so no idea how it is now.
Most of the hospitals are part of hospital/clinic "systems".Several hospitals in each system. Here are some of the systems. You can check the website for jobs.
This is probably not an exhaustive list but all hospitals have ob floors, as well as being connected to OBGYN clinics. The sites will contain job openings for both hosp and clinics.
- Aug 30, '10 by mommyRN09Thanks for the info! I'll start looking there!
- Sep 4, '10 by Ruas61What general part of the Minneapolis area?
- Sep 4, '10 by HM2VikingRNHCMC is in the downtow area of MPLS. Abbott-Northwestern is probably 4 miles west....North Memorial is off HWY 100. There are 3 or 4 hospitals clustered in Downtown St Paul. Fairview Southdale is off France and 62.
Fairview Ridges is in Burnsville. St Francis is in Shakopee off hwy 169.
It all depends which part of the cities that you want to live in.
If you want to live in Lakeville/Eagan/Burnsville the light rail is accessible. The light rail goes directly to HCMC. (There is a park and ride by the MOA that would give you free parking otherwise you would have to pay for parking at HCMC.)
HCMC or ANW would be on the top of my personal list if I were a L/D nurse. (Followed by St Francis or Fairview University.)