how to look for a jobRegister Today!
- by edenprairie12 Apr 1, '10i juist passed my nclex rn and will the get the licsene within 48 hours. i am not graute from here i stay in minnesota. i have no idea whatsover on how to get ajob. i would like to work in a hospital. what should i do?any suggestion will be helpful.is there any easy way to find the job?does being international nurse will affect the appointment chances? thanks alot.
- Apr 1, '10 by caliotter3This thread might get more responses if posted elsewhere rather than in the NCLEX forum.
- Apr 1, '10 by PMFB-RNQuote from edenprairie12I suggest going to this website:http://theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Minnesota.htmi juist passed my nclex rn and will the get the licsene within 48 hours. i am not graute from here i stay in minnesota. i have no idea whatsover on how to get ajob. i would like to work in a hospital. what should i do?any suggestion will be helpful.is there any easy way to find the job?does being international nurse will affect the appointment chances? thanks alot.
Click on the links to hospital websites where you are interested in working. On each website there will be a link that says "Jobs" or "Opportunities" or "Careers" or "Join Our Team" Click on it. You can then see what jobs they have available and you can apply directly from the job listing.
I have no idea if being an international nurse will make it harder to get a job. It's hard for everyone, including experienced nurses to get jobs tight now.
- Apr 1, '10 by edenprairie12hi every body, i juist passed my nclex rn and would like to get a job . i live in minnetonka, am new here i mean i am international nurse , so i have no idea where to start from? or how i can a job? what should i do? shoud i apply online or go to the hospitals to ask? i extremely need help. thanks.
- Apr 1, '10 by Silverdragon102Before I move this thread to a more appropriate forum I need to know if you have a work/immigrant visa allowing you to work in the US?
- Apr 1, '10 by edenprairie12thanks every body, yes i do have my green card,and iam allowed to work here.
- Apr 1, '10 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Minnesota forum
- Apr 3, '10 by dinah77I hate to break it to you, but the Market in the twin cities at least sucks right now. Nobody is getting a job here unless they have years of experience. I have friends who graduated last year who are still unemployed. I don't know your particular reasons for choosing MN, but unless you have a compelling reason to come here (such as family) and if your main objective is to get a job, I would look at other states.
- Apr 3, '10 by edenprairie12well my husband is here plus i had 1 year experience in icu, and 2 years in medical surgical units, i used to take shift incharge,and manage 30 bed word with 4 staffs only.i feel i can handle the pressure of work.any way thanks.
- Apr 4, '10 by nursemnI'm an LPN-i've been looking online mostly-i've gone to the workforce center-that helps to-can attend free classes-use the internet, computers and get advice