CNA jobs in Twin Cities?Register Today!
- by esunada Feb 22, '10I'm thinking of getting my CNA while I do the nursing school route. Do you know of any good assisted living facilities or nursing homes that would hire someone with no experience in the twin cities area? I was considering home health care,too but it sounds like it involves more housekeeping and daily errands versus healthcare. Is that true? I would like to be a CNA at a hospital but it sounds like it's impossible to get in without experience.
Also, do home health and assisted living facilities reimburse CNA classes or is it just nursing homes?
- Mar 15, '10 by gertie01Hi, I *think* it is just nursing homes that reimburse.
I know Guardian Angels in Elk River puts on their own CNA Class & hire you after that.
Yes, hospitals are hard to get into and usually require experience. Good luck to you!
- Mar 23, '10 by Sweet_LiI work at White Pine Senior (assisted) Living in Inver Grove Heights. I became a CNA May 2008, then became a stay at home mom until Dec 2009. They hired me with no experience and they also hire people without their CNA & help pay for their schooling to get it.Last edit by HM2VikingRN on Mar 24, '10 : Reason: removed name and number
- Mar 24, '10 by esunadaThanks for the tips! I'll definitely look into it!
- Apr 2, '10 by sweetiezhi im unsure where you are located. but mary t group homes are great! i currently work for them they are all around the metro. but mainly in coon rapids,mn or acr homes is a good one also. i work for two different ones..... oh also volunteering helps!