Zeroing the transducer...help?!Register Today!
- by cwhitebn Apr 20, '11Can someone please please please talk me through zeroing a line, such as an art line or cvp line? I'm new to critical care and go so intimidated with all these lines. My biggest issue is when I have to zero the line. I have so many silly questions:
1. Do I flush the line first?
2. When I place the sterile cap back on the stopcock?
3. When do I press the zero button on the monitor?
A step by step instruction would really help!!! I know I have to turn the line off the patient (stopcock pointing toward the hard cable) and then remove my sterile cap)...but after that I screw up lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Apr 21, '11 by cwhitebnThanks for the help!!! Really appreciate it!
- Apr 21, '11 by angle85"1) Turn stopcock off to patient
2) Remove cap
3) Press "Zero"
4) Replace cap
5) Turn stopcock back to neutral"
simple and clear
but some types of caps contain a hole in side it, so no need to remove it
if arterial line the pressure in cuff to be 300 mmHg
the flush is very important and some times if you interface a problem reinsure there is no air bubbles inside tube to give accurate reading.
- May 3, '11 by MaevishAlso, wait for the '0' on the screen before putting the cap back on
- Apr 18 by gonzo1at what step in the procedure do you flush?