IVP Administration RatesRegister Today!
- by NurseMCE Aug 8, '12Does anyone know off hand or has a good resource site to find a good list of IVP Administration rates? Ie Labatalol, Lasix, etc. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768893©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,972 Views
- Aug 8, '12 by Sun0408We have a book in each room that has all the common gtts, there starting rate and max rate. Many are weight based so a basic starting point varies. Check and see if your unit has something similar.
- Aug 8, '12 by Sun0408I have an app on my phone called IV drips and it has basic information, that might help give you a reference point both you will have to check your policy. Many vary on starting doses and max doses. Sorry, I hit send before I finished.
- Aug 9, '12 by Esme12Last edit by Esme12 on Aug 9, '12
- Aug 11, '12 by itfeelsgr82savealifeMedscape. It's a website and you can also use it as an app on your phone. It's awesome. I used it in nursing school as another reference. It has drug uses, along with IVP/IM administration, IV compatibilities, contraindications, dosages, and more. Very useful and informative. Great reference.