I have an interview for a SICU position next Thursday. I get pretty anxious with interviews. Are there any common interview questions that I can go ahead and mentally prepare for? Any questions or scenarios that are used to throw a new grad off? I am working in a small 10 bed ICU as a student tech and doing my practicum in a Level 1 trauma center. How much should I talk these up?
Thanks for the advice.
I have two SICU internship interviews scheduled for the next week and I was wondering if anyone could recommend what questions I should ask the managers. I already have a couple of questions lined up:
1) pt to nurse ratio
2) how are the assingments made (acuity vs proximity, and who makes the assingments)
3) what happens if there's a call in or the unit is short staffed?
4) what types of anxillary personel are available on the unit? What are they responsibilities?
5) what type of educational resources are available for new nurses?
6)the length of orientation and possibility of extending it if there is a need
7) have you ever had an orientee that you had to ask to leave, why and how this situation was handled.
Thanks for all your help in advance.
Last edit by bluefrog on Oct 3, '08