WCCCD nursing fall 2012 hopefuls! - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 11, '12 by beestrngI'll make sure I go in the morning then. I took psych at OCC some time ago. Have you taken Micro?
- Apr 11, '12 by Me2006Quote from beestrngI am a WCCCD nursing graduate.....graduated in 12/2011...I'll make sure I go in the morning then. I took psych at OCC some time ago. Have you taken Micro?
make sure you have ur classes transferred in to WCCCD. theres a deadline for that too.
- Apr 11, '12 by msmarciaThey give u points for teas score and % of classes done at wcccd and if u have medical license too. Ur gpa seems good...what about the other stuff?
- Apr 11, '12 by NayNayRN[QUOTE=Me2006;6353308]Quote from beestrngBio 155 doesn't count for nursing. Just Bio 240, 250, 295 English 119 and Psy 101.Do you guys know what the deadlines are? I wanted to pick up a information sheet but I think the school is closed for break.Grades I got:AP I AAP II BBIO 155 AMicro taking summerGPA 3.66------Hi there:the school is open, you can go down to nursing office to obtain necessary information. Also did you take Psychology?Try to get an A in Micro....good luck
- Apr 11, '12 by beestrnghi msmarcia,
what do you think they accept as a medical license? CNA cert? I'm not sure about what other stuff you mean, I only took those 3 classes at WCCCD. I took this winter semester off so I can catch and finish my degree at WSU...so Im a bit rusty on the requirements for w3d's Rn program. I work with a doc and in the field so Im not sure if that counts in any categories.
Hi Shanay, thanks for that I totally forgot about it. I wonder how they calculate the GPA if transferred?
- Apr 11, '12 by msmarciaDid u take the teas test? The 5 classes the other person posted are the ones they use to figure ur gpa. Plus u get more points if u took all pre reqs at wcccd and points if u finished co reqs(nutrition, med math, etc). Im not exactly sure anout the license/cert for medical. I have my phlebotomy cert through michigan so i attached copy w my app...hoping i get the extra points for that!
- get an a in micro and psy and you MIGHT be ok... i think the lowest the have been taking latley has been a 3.7 but you need to do very well on TEAS and have all of your classes done at wayne county and most likely all co recs done since everything is point based.... for winter semester deadline is june 31 but you would have to have your classes done by than.... if you get your other two classes done plus your TEAS you could apply for fall 13 and deadline will be next Feb 28
- also make sure you have your 12 credit hours at wayne county in or you cant apply
- also for medical background you HAVE to have a license... experince does not count with no license
- Apr 12, '12 by KadambariMy CNA has expired. Will it still count for anything?