Wayne State University, DET Waiting for ResponseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Wayne State University, DET Waiting for Response in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Hello, I am applying to Wayne State University College of Nursing in Detroit, Michigan for fall...by aarin80 May 18, '10Hello, I am applying to Wayne State University College of Nursing in Detroit, Michigan for fall 2010. I have completed all of my requirements to be considered for an interview/ admissions (my application is complete). How long will it take to hear a response from WSU CoN regarding an interview and or acceptance notice?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=480306©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 18,019 Views
- May 18, '10 by WayneStateKatieYou won't hear until the first week of June. Applicants have until the 1st of June to submit all application materials and transcripts-- only after the deadline for materials can admissions decisions be made. They don't conduct interviews for the traditional program, and I have a feeling they may not be doing them anymore for the second degree program (though I could be wrong).
My admission posted to my online applicant page about June 5th a few years ago. Start checking the application page after the 1st. I know waiting is the hardest part-- good luck!
- May 18, '10 by aarin80Thanks for the reply to my post. I have a friend that has graduated from the BSN [at WSU CoN] program this year and said, there has been interviews being conducted to possible BSN applicants already (according to her). The most current information package (08/ 09) says, "possible interviews." Personally, I want to have an interview.
I have also, submitted "supplemental materials", a cover letter, personal statement, letter of recommendation, and resume. Hoping this will increase the likelihood of being admitted. I have BIO 2200 and BIO 2800 as both WF and as a transfer credit. I did the transfer credits the preceding semester with a "B+" and "A" respectively. This makes me nervous.
When you say your admission posted to your "online application page", are you referring to your "college status?" The "online application page" [as of now has] four main headings; Entry Term (Fall 2010) , Program (Traditional), Admission Status (complete), College Status (BLANK!!!!), and Details (Admission Checklist). I am wondering if the "College Status" is were my possible admission will be posted? I wonder if they say, accepted or denied??
- May 18, '10 by WayneStateKatieMine said "Admit" under the admissions status heading (and still says it now when I log in).
As far as I know they are not conducting interviews for the traditional program (and I'm pretty involved in the College of Nursing-- In fact if you're admitted I'll be seeing you at your orientation day to promote the College of Nursing council-- that is of course assuming I can get my manager to give me that day off from my summer externship).
I know it's hard not to freak out but it sounds like you've done everything you can. It's now out of your hands and you'll know in less than three weeks (though it will feel like 3 months). Again, good luck and keep us posted!
- May 18, '10 by aarin80Thanks agin for the information and maybe I will see you during "new student orientation."
- May 20, '10 by jon2000hi, aarin80,
i applied to the cd2 program for fall 2010 and had my interview last week. no interviews for traditional applicants. they also have second round of interviews scheduled around 1st wk of june for applicants finishing up with pre-requisites. so i assume we wont hear anything until middle of june i think....
so katie, do you know how many applicants applied for the cd2 program and how many they are accepting for fall 2010?
- May 20, '10 by aarin80Jon2000,
To clarify, the "second round" of interviews are for CD2 applicants? I know for the Traditional Program there is a "Newly Admitted Traditional Student Orientation" held on June 15 Th. (according to CoN website). So, I am assuming traditional applicants will know if they are admitted (or not) by then. Good luck to you and keep us posted!!
- May 20, '10 by jon2000Yes, second round interviews for only CD2 applicants....
Thanks, and good luck to u too...
- May 20, '10 by WayneStateKatieI think it's July 15th not June 15th for the traditional student orientation (at least I hope so because that's the day I requested off with my manager)...
No idea how many applied Jon2000 sorry! But I think they're doing 48 slots for CD2 and 48 for traditional again (it's been that many the last couple of years and when I look online for the first year nursing classes in fall it shows 48 slots). There are probably in the ballpark of 175-200 applicants if the numbers are the same as the last few years so about a 1/4 chance.
And I'd still think you will hear for sure in the first week of June for the traditional program aarin80 since they don't have the interviews etc. that they do for the CD2s. Just start checking your page starting the 1st and it will pop up soon.
Good luck to both of you!
- Apr 14, '11 by livingkHi there,
I am considering WSU's 2nd career program for this fall. If you are a current student and are willing to share with me about your experience, I would be really grateful! I'd love to hear how it is from your perspective. Please give me any advice you're willing to share. I really want to hear from a student or grad's point of view before deciding on a program. Thanks!