University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - Page 7Register Today!
- Feb 16, '09 by parrisdoes anyone know if there are any opportunities for the accelerated nursing program students to get any parking passes any place at uofm?
- Feb 16, '09 by SusanKathleen, RNOh....parking is a nightmare in Ann Arbor. You can get a pass to one of the outer lots (orange) and take a bus in. There is limited paid parking at the SoN, and you can go to 'Marketplace' and buy a spot from a student who has an extra spot at their house or apartment. Don't expect to find free parking anywhere on any regular basis. no free parking at the hospital either. But everyone finds a way. Once you get to know some people, you can carpool, or ask about it at orientation. Best wishes.
- Feb 18, '09 by JustJane2008Ok, just a quick question. Everyone who already got accepted applied to the 2nd Career BSN only program right?
I called the office of undergrad admissions today, and they told me that they havent given out any decisions for that program yet. Does that mean you/ and everyone else who got accepted applied for the early decision?
Quote from melh2osJust got my acceptance via Wolverine Access today!!!! I am so RELIEVED!!! I have been stalking my mailbox incessantly. I applied in August but was not considered complete til 1/5/09 (they wanted a transcript from one of my fall semester classes). I am in organic chem right now, and just have to finish either micro or genetics this summer and I am all set. YAY!!!!!!!
- Feb 18, '09 by msnice1I believe we all applied to the Second Career Nursing Program. I also called today.
- Yes I believe everyone applied to the second career program. I have 5 friends who have been admitted. I'm on the wait list. I also know two people who have been rejected. I found out I was on the wait list last week and I applied in September! All my friends who were admitted found out at the end of January and they all applied in August.
- one more thing, I don't think there's an "early admission" for second career. It's rolling admission, but in my opinion, they did not do it on a rolling basis. I wouldn't be surprised if all the spots are filled already since there are several of us on the wait list.
- Feb 18, '09 by jkb1999Wannabeanurse84-- the people you know who were rejected--did they have low GPA's or what do you think accounted for them being rejected?
- Hi jkb1999----
Honestly I don't know, both of them are great students, with great prerequisite GPAs, and a lot of drive! I think nursing school admission is just plain out competitive, especially in this economy. I feel like so many people are going back to school to be a nurse!!! My advice, get as many A's as possible, health care experience, and write really good essays. I think I got wait listed because of my undergrad gpa (it isn't as high as it should be), but I have a 4.0 prereq GPA and I put a lot of work into my essays. I also received CNA training and I'm currently learning how to draw blood this semester!!! So much fun
- Feb 18, '09 by JustJane2008What did they say?
Quote from msnice1I believe we all applied to the Second Career Nursing Program. I also called today.
- when did you guys apply? I'm assuming Oct or after? I know of one person who applied in Oct that was admitted.