University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - Page 63Register Today!
- Jan 28, '12 by Spartan89Wow, the 12 month program has now changed to a 16 month program...I am happy because I plan to continue on to my master's. How does everyone else who applied feel about the change?
- Jan 28, '12 by kfj6703I don't know if it is a change or whether it is an additional program. The School of Nursing's website has mentioned for the last several months that there may be the option of this particular program in place by fall of 2012. Regardless, I hope I get in :-)Last edit by kfj6703 on Jan 28, '12
- Jan 28, '12 by Spartan89Oh, interesting...the email (did everyone get it?) made it sound like the curriculum changed to 16 months, it didn't sound like an option. I would do the additional app if it's required, but it would be nice to go right in! Fingers crossed for you!
- Jan 28, '12 by PluripotentI got the e-mail too. From what the e-mail said and from what they said at the informational session I was at in October, it is a change to the program. The program is now 16 months and they want you to continue into a masters program. This sounds great to me!! Fingers crossed.
- Jan 29, '12 by weluv3I applied. Do you guys know how many applicants for the Fall cohort they're taking for the Second Career option?
p.s. I could've sworn I saw that a supplemental nursing essay was required but now I don't see it, am I imagining things or just reading too many other college's requirements....
- Jan 29, '12 by PluripotentThey take 72 people.
There were 4 essays. 2 on the general application and 2 on what the Common Application calls the "supplement" application. That was the part that was specific to the university. So the essays you should have done were one that elaborated on an activity you've done, why you're transferring, what community you belong to, and why you want to go to U of M. I hope that helps!
- Jan 29, '12 by weluv3Ok great I got them all then! Thanks!
- Feb 1, '12 by kfj6703Anyone else hear anything yet? I tried getting some information out of Michele this week, but as usual was left empty handed. I'm assuming she's learned from past experiences not to divulge too much information, especially since so many of us are ravenously waiting for any word from the program. Fingers and toes are still crossed!
Also, I forgot to ask: has anyone heard how the program views out-of-state applicants? I noticed from their class profiles that very few were out-of-state applicants. I don't know if this is simply because it's wicked expensive or whether they actually don't want out-of-staters. I live in Ann Arbor, but since I went to an out-of-state university they automatically classified me as out-of-state. I turned in all of my information for re-classification, but was told they won't be in any kind of a hurry to get that done before decisions will be made.
- Feb 2, '12 by weluv3Hi, I'm an out of state applicant but don't know how they look at out of states, you'd think they'd want our money, lol!
My application is complete but all I see on my online status is a button that says "view status" and then when I click that there are no other links or info available. It just shows that I applied to the Fall 2012 second career program.
When and where would I see something that tells me I'm waitlisted or accepted and any other items that may be missing from my file?
Maybe it's just too soon, my transcripts arrived to them on the 31st, so I may be jumping the gun on checking. It does say in the wolverine account set up to give them 10 days...lol
- Feb 2, '12 by weluv3Oh and did anyone else get the email that says they extended the deadline to apply?