University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - Page 12Register Today!
- Mar 13, '09 by jkb1999When do you have to let U of D Mercy know- yeah or nay??
I went to the infomational meeting (for 2010) this past Wednesday and they said people could be let in as late as August --but I would think if most people have a deadline of May to say yeah or nah then the majority would on the waitlist to be called back would happen shortly after May.
I understand your dilema and could be there myself next year--and part of the difference in the 2 programs to me is also the price difference. U of D is $50,000 vs. U of M $25,000 (if you do NOT live on campus).
Have you looked at Wayne State--I know they take first priority if you take pre-req's there but I was told that only applies to 30% of the applicants so that still leaves 70% of the applicants.
I am curious since there isn't much talk about U of D--what was your GPA--trying to get a feel of what my chances could be theere as well as U of M.
- Mar 13, '09 by KellyZi have until april 9, 2009 to put down the $500.00 nonrefundable deposit (which will go toward tuition if i attend) and school starts on may 4, 2009. although the university of detroit is a lot more expensive, i believe that they do offer scholarships based on gpa that are quite substantial. i graduated with a degree in psychology from cmu with a 3.46 gpa. however, i am not exactly sure of my recalculated gpa since i attended more than 1 university.
- Mar 13, '09 by wannabeanurse84Hi,
My friend's sister went through U of D's program. When she graduated, the hospital she works for picked up a lot of her debt! So keep that in mind also
But I definitely would not give up the opportunity to start in May and be done with it Nursing school is soo competitive, feel lucky that you're in a program!
- I was accepted to U of M in Jan. and have issued my check for $200. They have since sent me the information for the reception and I am scheduled for March 25th.
- Also I did not see it mentioned here, but, the Oakland program is trying to get people in within 2 cohorts. If you apply (and have all requirements done) and do not get accepted into the cohort you are moved to the front of the line for the next cohort. This is a much less competitive environment than many other schools. I was admitted there as well as U of M and chose U of M.
- About parking in AA, where is the orange lot and is walking from the orange lot to the school or hospital a viable option? Would I have to get there an hour or more early to walk the distance? I would rather walk than take the bus if it is 2 miles or less.
- I would also like to mention that the Michigan program is not interested in working with the states no worker left behind program which will grant $5000 toward the tuition of many other accelerated programs. Oakland U. is participating which makes tuition much more palatable.
- Mar 21, '09 by MelBell2005They talked about the No Worker LEft Behind program at OU's information session. They actually said up to 10,000 total you can get, so that would pay for almost half of the tuition for that program.
- Mar 21, '09 by ssturgisYes, I heard the same thing directly from the no worker left behind office.
- Mar 23, '09 by michigansapphireQuote from ssturgisI was accepted to U of M in Jan. and have issued my check for $200. They have since sent me the information for the reception and I am scheduled for March 25th.Quote from ssturgisHi ssturgis! I am going to the March 25 reception as well. Hope to meet you there.About parking in AA, where is the orange lot and is walking from the orange lot to the school or hospital a viable option? Would I have to get there an hour or more early to walk the distance? I would rather walk than take the bus if it is 2 miles or less.
The orange lot is probably walkable in decent weather, but it's at the bottom of a very large hill, and both the hospital and the North Ingalls Building are at the top. I drive past there every morning now, and keep thinking "I don't want to have to walk that in the winter with a heavy backpack!"