U of D Mercy Accelerated Second DegreeRegister Today!
- by Magen RN, BSN Jul 10, '09I am in the process of applying to UDM's second degree program and I was wondering what the GPA of those accepted is usually around.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=406651©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,900 Views
- Jul 10, '09 by ORgirl2010I am in and had a 3.9
- Jul 13, '09 by wendyyvonnerntobe2010,
Are you starting in January 2010? Do you know how many slots remain? Just out of curiosity, what was your major for your previous bachelor's?
- Jul 13, '09 by Magen RN, BSNI'm applying for the May 2010 spot and I haven't heard of the spots remaining. My previous bachelor's is from MSU in Dietetics and Human Nutrition and my GPA is a bit low, only a 3.3
Do you know the average of students in your class period?
- Jul 14, '09 by parrisI was accepted there with a 3.4 GPA from MSU with a B.S in Psychology. I did not have all course work finished when I was accepted either. I have no comment on the program because I chose to attend else where.
- Jul 14, '09 by wendyyvonneHello Parris!
Where did you choose to go instead of UDM and why? What was the deciding factor? Cost? Convenience?
- Jul 14, '09 by parrisI had to pick either UofM's accelerated or MSU' after I said no to UofD. I finally chose UofM for their reputation and that my boyfriend would be in Ann Arbor also. MSU had said no to me 3 times for their traditional program so it was nice to tell them no for once. Also I did not want to live in Detroit.
- Jul 15, '09 by sophia26I was accepted for May 2010 and my undergraduate GPA was 3.8. My undergraduate major was Asian Studies, so nothing science related at all!! I'm excited to meet some of the other people who will be in class with me :-)
- Aug 9, '09 by ERRNinMII just graduated from this program in May. I was accepted in December 2006 tho. I am sure things have changed since then. I know they now have two cohorts running, one that starts in Winter and one that starts in May. The only negative I would say is that the cost is outrageous. I chose to go there because I was not going to do 80 million different pre-req's for different schools. I have a bachelor's in Healthcare Admin and my GPA was 3.6. I graduated from UDM with my BSN with a 3.6. I just passed boards too. Good luck!
- Aug 9, '09 by wendyyvonneHi ERRNinMI!
Thanks for posting about the program. Please forgive the slight intrusion, but would you mind sharing how you financed the program? I am very interested in it, but the cost is what makes me hesitant. I don't want to finish with 10s of thousands of dollars in loans if I can help it.
Thanks again for the useful info.