RN-BSN competitiveness? Look at prereq gpa only?Register Today!
This is a discussion on RN-BSN competitiveness? Look at prereq gpa only? in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Hi everyone. So I am taking prereq courses to get into OCC"s nursing program. My prereq gpa is...by WANT2BANURSESOON Mar 27, '11Hi everyone. So I am taking prereq courses to get into OCC"s nursing program. My prereq gpa is currently a 3.824 and i'm retaking courses to get it up to a 4.0, with hopes of getting admission for fall of 2012.
I have some previous college coursework that I didn't do so great in. I would like to eventually do an RN-BSN bridge program after the OCC ADN program. Does anyone know of BSN programs that look at your gpa in the PREREQUISITE COURSES ONLY? Like how for OCC's ADN program, they don't care about any of your other coursework other than your coursework in the 11 required prereq courses. Are there any RN-BSN completion programs with similar requirements (care only about your gpa in their prerequisite courses)?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=544447©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,185 Views
- Mar 27, '11 by rmtoccEastern looks at GPA of math and science courses even though there are psych, soc, and english prereqs needed to apply. Although that is for the traditional BSN program. I dont know about the ADN to BSN program.
- Mar 30, '11 by student48220Hi,
I have the same question about the selective admissions for the RN - BSN programs! It is difficult to find any information besides that they exist. Please post if you find out any information!!
- Mar 30, '11 by SnowStar4Most school's look at your pre req gpa, asn gpa, and what you say in your essay.
- Mar 30, '11 by ORoxyOI was just accepted to MSU's RN-BSN program. I good good grades for my ASN and recent prereqs but had a previous BS with a low gpa of 3.1. The first couple semesters of the BS were terrible but I pulled up the overall gpa before I graduated. It apparently didn't matter. I think they looked at the fact that I did well in nursing courses and have consistently improved from my previous bad grades.
- Mar 30, '11 by student48220Thanks for the info. I am about to get a disappointing C in organic chem and I still have a week to drop if I need to. I am not sure if that will effect me down the road when I try to apply for the RN-BSN. I hate the idea of doing all that work again and spending the money again, but I don't want any snags later....
- Mar 31, '11 by ORoxyOIf it makes you feel better, I got a 2.5 in orgo.