OCC New Admission CriteriaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on OCC New Admission Criteria in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Only five prereq classes now and the new test is math proficiency and reading comprehension with a...by rystle Apr 17, '12Only five prereq classes now and the new test is math proficiency and reading comprehension with a 75% in only two attempts. There is also a fee for the test.
What do you think? Will there be any other additions? The repeated courses will lower the total score and transfer scores will lower total score.
I also took both english classes with Schoolcraft College and Microbiology, so I don't think I have a chance. What program would you recommend around Livonia/Novi/Walled Lake area? Schoolcraft has a 4 year wait list. I'm kind of frustrated. I've been looking at programs since I was 18 years old, not really serious about them now but now I'm ready to do something. I'm 23 and getting old now, lol. I'd like to get a career by 30.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=698764©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,615 Views
- Apr 19, '12 by mskarbYou can always just retake your english classes and micro at OCC, I had a couple classes from Baker that I never even gave my transcript to the school so it didn't show up at all. I just got accepted into the program this year after doing all 11 classes! It was a pain but worth it! Good luck, and if you do end up doing the OCC program let me know I have some great teachers you can choose when picking your schedule!
- Apr 19, '12 by rystleMy English and Micro classes are all A's (4.0) so it would seem kind of pointless to retake them unless I had no other option, lol. How do you like OCC program? Thanks for the offer on giving me the good teachers.
- Apr 20, '12 by mskarbWell...it doesn't seem pointless to take them to me if it means the difference between getting to be a nurse or not! I'm just finishing up my classes this semester and I begin my first class on May 7th.
- Apr 20, '12 by Kadambariwhat are the 5 classes that you need?
- Apr 20, '12 by rystleEnglish Composition 1
English Composition 2
Anatomy & Physiology 1
Anatomy & Physiology 2
It says transfer scores may lower the score. It doesn't say that they will, but what chance do you think I have if I obtain a 4.0 transfer score as opposed to all the classes at OCC? Would I get in eventually or it would be endless?
I already took the first three classes at Schoolcraft College. I obtained a 4.0 in the first three classes though my Microbiology class is from 2008 but with a 4.0 so I guess I may have to retake microbiology. OCC would not even let me into English Composition 1. I kept testing into Academic Literacy (ENG 1060) and I took it once and the teacher was so hard and wouldn't even pass me. This was like in 2007. It was horrible. Schoolcraft College I tested into College level English Composition 1 the first time and obtained a 4.0 the first time I took English Composition 1. Have no idea why it is so hard to get into it there, lol.
- Apr 20, '12 by KadambariWhat application period will the changes come into affect?
- Apr 21, '12 by Anne36Can someone clarify the new requirements for me, because Im confused. Am I correct in stating that you still need to complete the 11 pre-reqs but they are only basing your GPA off the 5?
- Apr 21, '12 by KadambariQuote from Anne36Yes, you have it correct. The 5 prequisites courses are for admission into the RN program however the rest of the classes can be completed when you are admitted into the programCan someone clarify the new requirements for me, because Im confused. Am I correct in stating that you still need to complete the 11 pre-reqs but they are only basing your GPA off the 5?
Does anyone know why the admission policy was changed?