Michigan pre-nursing school threadRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Michigan pre-nursing school thread in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Hi everyone. Im looking for some fellow students to chat with about our studies this semester....by Anne36 Jan 9, '10Hi everyone. Im looking for some fellow students to chat with about our studies this semester. Mabye we can help
each other out with some of these classes. Would anyone care to share what classes they are taking this
semester and what they have left to apply for their chosen program?
Im taking Anatomy and Phisiology 1 this semester at OCC. I am really nervous about wether I can remember all of
these terms. I just took Microbiology last semester and got an A! Next I need to take A&P 2 and pass the MPT
before I can apply for the LPN program.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=449046©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,252 Views
- Jan 9, '10 by Anne36Oh my! I did it again. Sorry everyone.
- Jan 13, '10 by MsAshleyI am applying to HFCC and WC3 once I finish all the pre req's. All I need for HFCC is Chemistry. For WC3 I need to finish AP 1 & 2. I feel like it is taking me forever to get these done so that I can FINALLY apply to a program!!
- Jan 15, '10 by criswithnohI'm at WC3D, too, and I'm finally done with my pre-reqs! I'm working on getting the last co-reqs I need (pathophysiology, lifespan development, and medical math) over the next 2 semesters. I'm definitely applying next month to get in the fall program.
- Jan 15, '10 by MsAshleyGood for you! I'm glad you are on your way! I did everything backwards that I wish I could change. I did like all of my co req's first and am now starting on my sciences. If I had done it the other way around or incorporated them in I would be done! Hopefully I will be done by the end of the summer and can apply for the spring 2011 at wc3
- Jan 15, '10 by criswithnohGood luck! I was lucky in that, since I already had my BA, I had a lot of transfer credits and didn't have to take a lot of core classes, like speech and English.
Now with the TEAS out of the way I have to figure out what to do with the study guides I used, lol.
- Jan 18, '10 by Anne36I think taking the sciences last is a good idea. They are only good for 5 years at some schools and then you have a lot of information fresh in your mind.Took Chemistry and Nutrition last year. I took Microbiology before A&P and it is really helping me out a lot in the first few chapters of A&P. During all of these classes there is overlapping information.
- Jan 18, '10 by MsAshleyHow has AP1 been for you so far? I am starting that class on wednesday and I am excited!
- Jan 19, '10 by Anne36Im a bit overwhelmed at the moment. We have our first test 2 weeks from the first day of class over 3 chapters. My big problem is that Im unsure where to focus my time. There is a lot of info and I know I will never remember all of it. Im not just saying memorize, but to understand it. I wish they would break the class down , I wouldnt mind doing this in 2 parts. I dont see what the rush is to cram all this info in. When I was in microbiolgy I spent endless hours studying because we never knew what was going to be on the test. It looks like I will be doing that again.
- Jan 19, '10 by MsAshleyAwww that doesnt sound to good! I would have thought that they would have been a little more helpful in at least showing you where to focus! I thought that AP was broken down into 1 and 2. Is that not the case with occ?