MCC HESI - how much A&P?Register Today!
This is a discussion on MCC HESI - how much A&P? in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... I am taking the HESI in December (for MCC), and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much (in...by jazznjac Oct 26, '09I am taking the HESI in December (for MCC), and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much (in depth) Anatomy and Physiology to expect? I haven't yet taken A&P (starting my pre-reqs in January), but I have been reading an A&P overview book. Is it mostly basic body systems, cell functions, etc., or are there in-depth questions with chemistry (Krebs cycle, e.g.)? Basically, what should I expect? Any answers will be helpful!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=434396©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,459 Views
- Oct 28, '09 by shannonmarie7I would just study what is in the HESI practice guide. The Anatomy is new this year and the testing does not start until 11/13 so no one will really know yet. You might want to call the learning center and see if they will give you an idea.
- Thanks! I knew it was new this year, but I didn't know that testing hadn't already begun (I thought it started in July, lol).
- Oct 30, '09 by shannonmarie7The nursing Hesi is from 11-13 to 1-7 and you need to sign up and prepay. Are you applying for Fall 2010? If not I would wait until next year to take it, your scores are only good for 2 years and I think they may have changed it so you have to finish specific pre-reqs by February 15th to apply for Fall 2010, I would check if that is true or not though.
- I'm planning to apply for Fall 2011, 'they' suggested I take it now (even if it's just for practice), because I won't start my prereqs until Jan. and I can re-take it next year if needed. Hopefully I'll ace it and won't have to take it again!!! :-)
- Oct 30, '09 by shannonmarie7That makes sense, actually it may be good for 5 years. They added anatomy to the test so the one I took last year is no longer valid so if have to take it again if I want to apply for Fall 2010.
- That's a bummer! At least you'll know what to expect.... I would think they'd let you just take the A&P part, doesn't seem fair to make you re-take the whole test. Good luck to you!
- Oct 31, '09 by SnowStar4Quote from jazznjacThat's a bummer! At least you'll know what to expect.... I would think they'd let you just take the A&P part, doesn't seem fair to make you re-take the whole test. Good luck to you!
Not to sound harsh but if She/he doesn't get in and needs the new exam that means her/his score wasn't high enough...and a retake would be a good idea anyway.
- Oct 31, '09 by shannonmarie7I had a 92 last time, the reason I did not get in is because MCC did not like my classes that transferred from the school I go to, it was not about the HESI score. The only reason I would have to retake it is because of the AP, or if I wanted higher.
- Nov 9, '09 by honeybumpsHi, so are you saying that A&P will now be a subject included on the hesi. So it will also count toward are grades.