Macomb Community College - 2012 HESIRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Macomb Community College - 2012 HESI in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Well, another year means another time for more score updates. I am getting ready to take my HESI in...by jeberger2007 Nov 28, '11Well, another year means another time for more score updates. I am getting ready to take my HESI in a couple weeks to apply for the 2012 Nursing Program and I must say I am really beginning to get nervous! Thanks to their recent addition of HHSC-1040 (right before I was apply ) I am just curious how everyone did, and what was it like this year? I have no clue what to expect and I have been searching forever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really not worried about the Math or Grammar sections. I'm more worried about the Vocabulary, Reading, and A&P section that they added. Any advice would be great. I already have the Evolve HESI book that I have been reviewing from for the past couple of months. I'm still just really nervous.
I don't have a HESI score yet, but my GPA to apply for the program is: 3.925.
Again, any advice would be grand!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=646865©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 60,706 Views
- Nov 29, '11 by stlrlvrMy best advice to you is this: don't stress about this test. You have a great gpa so you're prepared. Review the HESI book front to back -- make sure you know the math and ROS for the anatomy portion. (The review will come in handy anyway when you start nursing school.) I reviewed for about a week before I took the test and got a 94 and you can, too! Start with a section that you're strong in so that you get off to a good start. Most importantly, believe in yourself!
- Nov 29, '11 by relylizReview the Evolve study guide, everything you need is in that book. I was freaking out prior to taking the test because I was afraid there wasn't enough review in that book, there is. If you know that stuff you will do great. Good luck, and take your time you get 4 hours.
- Nov 29, '11 by su85Hi I was looking through for HESI advice, by ROS what do you mean? I keep going through the study guide, but am wondering if I should be studying other materials as well. I noticed the practive exams in the book have a lot of conversions did the real one?
- Nov 30, '11 by stlrlvrTo SU85: ROS means review of systems. Know your systems for the A&P portion of the HESI exam. If you start with A&P and do well on it, it's a huge boost for the rest of the exam. My unsolicited advice to anyone about to take the HESI is this: everyone I know regrets doing the reading comprehension last. You're tired, you're hungry and the last thing you want to do is read and answer questions. You may want to do this first or even in the middle. And, yes, there are lots of conversions. Know your metric, apothecary and household conversions and you'll do great! Good luck!!!
- Nov 30, '11 by su85Thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it
It makes me less nervous and the last thing I want to do is let my nerves get the
Best of me
- Dec 1, '11 by jeberger2007Thanks so much for the heads up and the advice. I still have like 9 days too, so I will spend it by just reviewing body systems and measurements. Good thing HHSC requires you to know those as well. Btw Good Luck Su85
- Dec 1, '11 by AddisonLawrence03Why did Maccomb add on the additional course? I wanted to apply but now I can't..they're making it harder and harder on pre nursing students to try to get into more than one school
- Dec 1, '11 by jeberger2007I think they added another course to try and cut down on the number of applicants. And just another thing to discourage people from going that route. Lol
- Dec 1, '11 by AddisonLawrence03Quote from jeberger2007Well, they certainly lost me I guess the heatlh profession doesn't really needed nurses that much because a lot of schools have added on additional courses that can only be taken at their college..which narrows the options I have down quite a bitI think they added another course to try and cut down on the number of applicants. And just another thing to discourage people from going that route. Lol