Eastern Michigan University BSN Traditional - Page 3Register Today!
- May 22, '12 by Supermansmith22How many people apply actually have 4.0's? What is a normal range of g.p.a? Did everyone receive all A's in their science courses? How many applied this year? People actually apply i hear that didn't even take the teas..
- May 23, '12 by minitacossupermansmith22 - I don't think that the people who applied without taking the TEAS will be accepted or even considered, because isn't the TEAS a requirement?
- May 23, '12 by cbrooks1127I received all A's in my science classes but I only took half of my pre-reqs at emu so im lacking points in that area.. and yeah I dont even know if you can be considered if you didnt take the teas, im not sure
- May 23, '12 by Supermansmith22Hmm ok, I think some people are very under informed.I know people who applied without teas. If you taken your sciences at Emu and got a 4.0 in them alone, you should get in even if you didn't take anything else at eastern. I hear maybe 20 at most will have that 4.0, well that's what advisers and professors have been saying. I dont apply to next year, but i wanna get all the info I can to be ready. Ill have the A's in everything but organic chem and English.
- May 24, '12 by cbrooks1127I talked to the nursing advisors many many times, and although they told me that me having all A's in my sciences classes is good it depends on how many people apply that have taken all their pre-reqs at emu. apparently they weigh that really heavy which is unfortunate for people who took most of their pre-reqs elsewhere but i guess it just depends on what everyone else has that your applying with. I mean I guess you could apply without taking the teas but then your loosing 20 points right off the bat and I dont know how they look at that. they told me the points were given as so, 5 points for each section of the teas if you meet the requirments, 5 for work experience, 5 for taking nursing 110, 125 max points for having all A's in your 3 science classes, and their are i think about a total of 29 pre-req points for taking them at emu. And I was told the cut off last year was somewhere around 152.
- May 30, '12 by CasseyWhey everyone!! Hopefully everyone is enjoying the weather!! Only two weeks until we find out!! (I think we are all worrying ourselves to death here
Time seriously needs to go by faster.
- May 30, '12 by cbrooks1127i hope these 2 weeks fly by !!!!
- May 30, '12 by CeezieVery nervous for my letter
I have taken all my pre-reqs at EMU and have all A's besides an A- in one sem of a&p and a B+ in orgo. -__-
Met requirements on the TEAS.
No health care experience at all, so my chances are iffy :O
- May 30, '12 by Sam54Hello all!I know that for your gpa they only go off A&P and Biochem. They don't factor in any of the other courses for gpa because it would be to many with repeats and such. But you do get points for other classes if they are taken at EMU. Teas points, work experience and the biggest is taking your courses at EMU. I am not how many points you get for each thing. If anyone else knows please post! Wishing everyone good luck and hopefully see you in the fall in the nursing program!!! I have A&P A A and Biochem B-Teas 15All classes at EMUNo work experienceKeeping my fingers crossed it is a ticket in!!!
- May 30, '12 by cbrooks1127in my previous comment I put how many points you get for everything so look back a couple comments you will see it!