Eastern Michigan University (EMU) tradional nursing program - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 11, '10 by Emu2ndbsn2012I got my letter in today's mail.
"Congratulations on your conditional admission, contingent upon the results of your criminal background check, to the BSN program, Second Degree Option, in the School of Nursing at Eastern Michigan University."
I"m praying for similar news for you also.
- Jun 12, '10 by elliesaHello, I applied to the traditional and accelerated programs at EMU for nursing this year. I got two rejection letters today. I had a 4.0, got all the points on the TEAS that I needed, and had some volunteer experience at Hospice. I am so bummed...
- Jun 14, '10 by anesboundI received my conditional acceptance letter in the mail last Friday. I have around a 3.5 prerequisite gpa. My TEAS score was 96 percent overall and I have 4 years of hospital experience. I only had 3 credit hours of prereq coursework taken at EMU. I hope this helps you gauge the point system better. Good luck everyone!
- Jun 14, '10 by MelBell2005Hi Everyone,
Congratulations on those that got accepted to the program! I also applied to both the accelerated and the traditional program and I haven't received anything yet in the mail. Maybe today I will.
- Jun 14, '10 by MelBell2005Hi Anesbound,
What program the traditional or accelerated did you get accepted into?
- Jun 14, '10 by HH6_StudentI just got my acceptance letter too!
How exciting. Hope to meet you for orientation and I will say a prayer for those who also applied.
I took my A&P (8 credits) and 1 other class at EMU with a 4.0, limited healthcare experience. All my other classes were at WCC. I got into the traditional program.
- Jun 14, '10 by anesboundI was accepted into the traditional. Didn't apply for the accelerated. I don't have enough time on my hands to compress my courses.
- Jun 15, '10 by Sherryberry01Oh well, I didn't get accepted. I kind of anticipated this based on the information session- applicants with healthcare experience received additional points, as well as applicants who had taken coursework at EMU. I had a 4.0 pre-req gpa, and I'd also already taken pharmacology and patho with "A's," but based on the point system ---- discussed, I maxed out at 145 points because of lack of healthcare experience- my hospital volunteer hours didn't count. So basically to have a shot for this cohort, you need healthcare experience and/or pre-reqs taken at EMU. This isn't the case for all schools though.Last edit by dianah on Apr 7, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Jun 27, '10 by DrivenToDreamI was accepted into the accelerated 2nd bachelor's program. I had a 4.0 overall, all of my pre-requisite classes were taken at EMU, and I passed the TEAS. I feel very fortunate given the high competition this year! I am sorry for those who didn't get it. Don't let it deter you from going for your dreams. Just keep taking the classes you can apply to a nursing degree and apply again next year, or to other schools.
- Apr 7, '11 by MelBell2005Hi Everyone,
I went to a nursing information several years ago and I heard there is now a point system. I found a pdf file on EMU's web site, but it was for 2007 and I was curious do you get points for pre-req GPA or is it just points for the chemistry & A&P classes taken? On the PDF file it didn't say anything about pre-req GPA for the admission criteria.